GSF Quality?

BX Tech talk
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I think Cit charge about £12.50 for a strut return pipe. They did last time I bought one, which was a couple of years back now.

Jon is quite right of course, guess who bought the last 8 pairs of vented front discs for a BX from GSF Bristol over the last, er, I duno, few years.... ME!

It's fair to assume that parts supply will dwindle because no-one is buying them, thats a given within business. It dont make the company any cash to have parts sat on a shelf doing naff all for years as turn over is next to nil.

The only gripe I have with GSF Bristol is as stated above, they just dont listen to what I tell them, and god knows I've got a big enough gob!

I tend to throw the strut pipes in the bin every two years anyway, regardless of condition, same with bottom ball joints and hand brake cables, they're on the "disposable" item service list for my cars...
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Don't know about quality from GSF, but I went online after a small part for GRX and three days later they sent me a badly worded email saying they hadn't got the bit.

I had in the mean time found a scrappie thirty miles from me, got it home and fitted it.

Online business ain't what it used to be. But then, what is in rip off Britain?
Rob_e (UK)
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Rob_e (UK) »

According to the citroen serivce website the rrp for the strut return pipe is £10.09 inc VAT
Not a bad price by Citroens normal standards; only the other week they charged me £15 for a very small gear change linkage

Rob
BX19 GTi 8v 89 227k
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Rob_e (UK) wrote:According to the citroen serivce website the rrp for the strut return pipe is £10.09 inc VAT
Rob
If this last's twice as long as the GSF one then it's clearly worth going for. :D Not only on cost but in having to redo the job more times using GSF.
Although it could also be I suppose that Citroen genuine spares for the BX are not specified as highly as when the car was in production, in which case the same as original longevity may not result. :?
1991 BX19GTi Auto