discs and pads and hp pump

BX Tech talk
simonbx17
BXpert

discs and pads and hp pump

Post by simonbx17 »

hi, my discs are due to be changed is it possible to fit 16v vented discs to a td :?:
what mods are involved :?:

i'd like to change my h.p pump as i think it's knacked..is there an upgrade i.e change to a cx or xm pump :?:

cheers
Current.
00' Fraud Mondeo 2.0 ghia x......i know couldn't resist a bargain.
99' Peugeot 306 1.4 lx. nicely spec'd.
-----------------------------------------------------------
93' xm 2.1 turbo D saloon 203.000mls has been sold to "citroenxm".
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Can't help with the second one I'm afraid, but changing the brakes is pretty easy. All you need is the discs, and the 16v calipers (TBH, all you need is the jaw from the 16v caliper as the piston part, and the pads, are the same)

A recon set of calipers will probably set you back about £120, and when I did mine, the factors weren't too bothered that the calipers weren't an exact match - so long as he got something in exchange. :wink:

Annoyingly there were a set on ebay a few weeks back which started for 99p and as far as I know, didn't sell :( Euro car parts list the calipers (one side being about £40, the other £60!) but the website says they are out of stock. Might be worth a call though.

They won't stop you any faster, but they are more resistant to fade which I found a problem after repeated hard braking in my TD estate.
simonbx17
BXpert

thanks

Post by simonbx17 »

thanks mat,
i will look in to this further as vented discs are better then solid. i couldn't agree more about the brake fade mines the same abit annoying when teaching whippersnappers in thier corsas a lesson and need to brake for around about. :shock: one of my calipers is leaking from it's piston so be a good excuse to replace them with 16v items :D

cheers
Current.
AndersDK
BXpert

Post by AndersDK »

2.nd Q :

The HP pump is unique for the BX n/a or turbo diesel. It LOOKS the same as on the BX 16V or the CX, but it aint, and it wont go in because of a too large dia pulley.
Besides the 16V and CX pumps are difefrent on theor base mounting which make for a noticeable offset from the true belt line between pulleys.
(You have guessed it : I've been there tried it :wink: )

XM and Xantia pumps have multirib belt pulleys - out of the question.

Get a second hand pump that at least works a bit better than the present.
Then overhaul your present pump.
The pump housing can be removed by applying pressure to the suction port.
C U / Anders - '90red16riBreak - '91GrisDolment16meteor - Project'88red19trsBreak
dead cars : '89white 16RS - '89antrasitTRDturboEst - '90white19triBreak
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Even if you could fit a CX pump, that would not be an upgrade. Fitting a BX pump to a CX is considered an upgrade, as the CX pump puts out 2.8cc/rev, whereas the BX pump puts out something like 3.5 or 4.0cc/rev.
this might be a signature
simonbx17
BXpert

thanks

Post by simonbx17 »

thanks guys for that, so the bx pump superior pump then great i'll stick to the original. :D i suppose you think of the bigger citroens and assume they would be better as there is lot more car to lift :shock:

cheers :D
Current.