Stuck Seatbelt Latch

BX Tech talk
roscoe
BXpert

Stuck Seatbelt Latch

Post by roscoe »

Help! - the passenger side seatbelt on my TZD is stuck in the latched position - I've tried silicone spray, WD40, contact cleaner and some not-too-gentle tapping on it to try and release it. Any tips to get the bl@@dy thing to undo? I can't have a passenger in the front until I get it fixed and my spare seatbelts are up in the garage roof of my former house - now rented so not easy to get access to.

cheers, Roscoe
cheers,
Roscoe
1991 TZD
2004 Peugeot 307
1990 Mitsubishi Express Van - Alpaca Transporter
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

you can pull the plastic appart (from the bottom), then stick a screw driver into the mechanism to get the catch to release, then glue the case back on (its only held by two small blobs!)

Have to tried pushing down hard on the belt buckle while pressing the latch button?
roscoe
BXpert

Post by roscoe »

Thanks Vanny. I got it to unlatch finally with a little brute force but now it won't latch properly - you can pull the belt back out. It looks like there is a white plastic bit that slides up and down that is stuck at the bottom. I'll take the seat out and pull the belt off to see if I can break the plastic apart and fix it - and now the drivers' one is acting up as well :evil: :evil: :x :x so I might end trying to find a couple from a wrecker somewhere here - or a fellow Cit car club member!
cheers,
Roscoe
1991 TZD
2004 Peugeot 307
1990 Mitsubishi Express Van - Alpaca Transporter
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

I've just donated one to Kitch but may have another - will check. Is it the late-type latch with the orange-red button & everything else in black externally?
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.