Calling the plumbers amongst you!

BX Tech talk
c90cassette
Confirmed BX'er

bxs

Post by c90cassette »

hi vanny i saw the bxs lst summer dont think he scraps many most were good condition think he has broken lots but still has perhaps 80 my friend has been there to his house i will ask for his fone no.vanny which road do you live in?bye rob.
hi i am rob in liverpool 1989 bx 17 dtr turbo
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

I'm just off Smithdown, by Ullet road.

could be an interesting find/source! Might be interested in a Diesel in the not three distant future :D
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Shouldn't you be finishing your dissertation young man?
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Vanny
Merseyside resident
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

no, i refuse, you cant make me!
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Yes I can, Liverpool is a mere trip up the motorway, and the Penguins are angry....

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Vanny
Merseyside resident
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Well Pleiades website is almost as usefull as there stock levels!

Having been back on the phone to them (they were meant to call me back this morning) they NO 3.5mm pipe AT ALL, NO 3.5mm unions AT ALL and only a very short length of 4.5mm pipe!!!! So combined with having no pipe flaring tool, thay are about as much use as a solar panel in Wales!!!

Well i'm really happy that i'm not going to be able to go anywhere in the car for weeks thanks to someone elses lack of buisness accumen. Any suggestions on other places to buy citroen hydraulics from?

I get the impression that the kunifer pipe is used in aircraft so that will be my first enquiry line.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

GSF sell kunifer, thats where I get mine anyway.

I'll have yto have a root around and see how many unions Smiffy has left!

I'm sure there's enough left to do the job...

Vanny
Merseyside resident
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

compression fit are brilliant, i helped a plumber mate out last summer and we fitted 7 radiators and all the piping for the whole semi detached house in a single day using predominantly push fit. It looks horrible, but god its usefull

i digress, i think original Cit pipe might be the way to go, its only £20!
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Marty wrote:= job done :twisted:
The old half inch copper pipe would have been better, thicker walls you see! :P :lol:

Just think about the increased capacity & costs of an LHM fill though. :cry:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Vanny
Merseyside resident
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

lol, well i sourced 20 litres of LHM so that might be enough?
Vanny
Merseyside resident
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

what copper? tis not!

Stinkwheel has sorted the connectors and 4.5mm pipe issues so hopefully (at a total coast already over £150 quid) i have enough parts to do the job!

i hate citroens, did i ever tell anyone that?
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

[quote "i hate citroens, did i ever tell anyone that?"[/quote]

Erm.. you mean you've hated them enough to run them for several years, Vanny? :lol: Mind you, I can't say I enjoyed replacing a pair of rear struts & pipes recently... but the the car drove so well afterwards I forgave it everything.

If you need an off-car match for a front-to-rear (to help pipe construction) I should have the Citroen original - came with the BX-before-last, and is sitting in the parts mountain awaiting future use.

Also Vanny - just a reminder that I still have various bits I collected from an ebay seller in Southampton for you ages ago.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

DLM wrote:just a reminder that I still have various bits I collected from an ebay seller in Southampton for you ages ago.
Wow, thats 4 years ago! Last we talked you where going to look at posting them, but when i heard nothing more i assumed they had been absorbed into the 'stock pile'. I didn't realise you still had them. If you see the Doc, its best to pass them to him as i seem to have him running up and down the M5/M6 of regular accord.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Very slightly off topic... do you still have a Ph 2 16v back bumper, Vanny?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Vanny
Merseyside resident
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

of course i do, they dont just fall off you know, no matter what billy does to it!

What you of course mean is do i have a spare one thats silver?

Well yes and no. I've got three, two damaged red ones, and a mint perfect silver one (i forget the paint code but have it written down) and a bit of a quandry. I need at least one, preferably two good red ones (one for the car one for a project). So no matter what i do i'm probably going to have to repaint 2 red ones, which i cant afford! Equally a mint silver one is no good silver, but if i have to paint two then i might as well paint a mint one. Though it seems rather silly to paint over perfectly decent paint if its what you need!

I was going to suggest something like you can have it for the costs of respraying two red ones (which i can get done locally for not a lot) and i can do the repairs myself (do it with fibre glass kayaks, so a bumper cant be any harder!), but quite honestly my dissertation is due in tomorrow and i really dont have any time in the next 6 weeks to do anything about packing etc! bit of a quandry you see.

Oh and now i don't have a car to drive around in either, and LOADS of piping bills to pay!