Twin fan conversion

BX Tech talk
djoptix
BXpert

Twin fan conversion

Post by djoptix »

I fancy this for the red BX, extra cooling can't be a bad thing. I've found one on eGhey for £22 from a 205 TD. Would it fit, and is it worth the money if so? (I know you can make anything fit, but I don't want to be fabricating too much stuff really...)
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Though I'm sure the 16v owners will be able to advise better, it all depends on the original rad that the fans were mounted on, and despite PSA commonality,I suspect the 205 fitment may be different to BX fitment.

If the BX TD and 16v rads and fans setup is similar, the Doc will probably have the double-fan set from my old TD for the time being, if not the loom. You might have a better chance there, with an appropriate rad temp sensor.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
prm
BXpert

Post by prm »

I think David is right with 205 fan. I seem to remember???, the OD on the blades are greater and are multi- fined.
On your 16V you should have the dual fan mounting plate.
I would try to match both fans from a BX to avoid any misbalance with the throughput of air and the motor mounting should match your existing set-up.