Carby service kit

BX Tech talk
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Carby service kit

Post by mnde »

A long shot but I thought someone might know!

Is a service kit that says it's for BX16 RS/TRS, BX19RS/TRS with Solex 32/34 Z1 carburettor going to be compatible with the carb on my '91 16 TGS with the B2C engine?

The very useful document here says that the 171B, 171C and B2C engines all have the 32/34 Z1 carb, but with different ident numbers (13279, 13543, 13928) and slightly differing specs - but I don't know if that affects the gaskets etc.

Thanks!

Mark.
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Gasket kits usually have a few bits surplus. The variations are probably jet sizes and things like anti-stall valves for automatics - the gasket kit will probably cover all carbs in a range.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

I'll check it out in my all-singing all-dancing Haynes carb manual - there should at least be some interesting lies there!
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
AndersDK
BXpert

Post by AndersDK »

jeremy wrote:Gasket kits usually have a few bits surplus. The variations are probably jet sizes and things like anti-stall valves for automatics - the gasket kit will probably cover all carbs in a range.
Years ago I purchased both a Weber and a Solex repair kit. Thes kits had a large selection of gaskets, O-rings and bits covering all thinkable carb variants within the family of carbs its made for.
Its not practical to list all car models/variants these kits may fit, as it would be a huge list filling out a book to cover all possible models over the years ...

You can get these kits for both single and dual barrel carbs.

Note that NOT all kits may contain a needle float valve, which is a very important service part. Check it with your dealer.
C U / Anders - '90red16riBreak - '91GrisDolment16meteor - Project'88red19trsBreak
dead cars : '89white 16RS - '89antrasitTRDturboEst - '90white19triBreak