BX SUSPENSION

BX Tech talk
pfozzy

BX SUSPENSION

Post by pfozzy »

Hi all this is my first post.

I have a 1.9 txd estate 1993.

The problem is the front is going up too high, if i put the lever into the next postion up from normal only the back will rise.

Is this likely to be the front height corrector?

Thanks
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Yeah sounds like it's a bit seized. Get it up on drive-on ramps (don't jack it up unless an early demise excites you) and disconnect the rod from the lever that heads towards the front of the car. Coat the height corrector in WD40 or similar and wiggle till it moves smoothly. Reconnect the rod and try it out.
It's possible the rod is bent too, which would affect the position of said corrector and alter it from the norm. If thats the case, then engine running, try and adjust the corrector by hand, rod still attatched (keep your head down....the car can suddenly fall and rise) It'll soon become apparent if its not in the right place.

Only other thing is a knackered height corrector. Again, you can tell by trying to move the corrector by hand. If you rotate it one way and the car rises up high, but won't fall even though you've then rotated it the opposite way by hand, you've got a problem! (or some seriously stuck struts!)

HTH
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
pfozzy76

Post by pfozzy76 »

Thanks will give that a go and let you know.