Another interesting Theory This Time Electrics

BX Tech talk
H Reg Pete
Confirmed BX'er

Another interesting Theory This Time Electrics

Post by H Reg Pete »

Well been thinking about my problems with the remote central locking, haven’t had time really to play with this one yet but sat here pondering and came up with a theory, although those of you in the know may feel free to blast this one apart. What’s the possibility of this being a bad earth problem, this combined with the fact that my electric windows are slower going up and down than the second coming of Christ and the dash lights go dim when you apply the break pedal or operate the windows. Incidentally managed to put the switch back together in the plip and it does now work so long as its no further than 6 inches from the dome, this is off course as much use as a chocolate teapot. Also got a tug from the local constabulary on the way home from work tonight '' routine safety check sir'' after telling the plod that if they really wanted to find fault with a vehicle they should look elsewhere as my BX probably gets more attention than there noddy car and is fully road legal, the result being I have to prove that this is the case within the next seven days or else. This is the second time lately this has happened and I'm sure its because I drive an old car, I wish they would realise that the only reason a lot of old cars are still on the road is because we love them, look after them and pay astonishing amounts of cash to keep them running. Sorry I'm rambling and only wanted to run my theory past a few others who might be able to advise me if this is the case where to look and how to solve the problem
Regards
H Reg :oops:
H Reg BX TZD Turbo
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

I doubt if they share the same earth but the earth lead from the battery may be defective, or more likely the large plug in the positive lead under the battery is corroded and needs cleaning.

It sounds like a resistance in a common supply. If you enjoy reading the wiring diagrams in Haynes you should be able to work out precisely what is at fault!

jeremy
H Reg Pete
Confirmed BX'er

Post by H Reg Pete »

Thanks I'l give it a try

Pete
H Reg BX TZD Turbo
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

the main intrenal earth is three yelow wires that run from the steering column to the fusebox. They always seem to make poor contact , especially at the fusebox end.