Estate tail gate

BX Tech talk
Red Estate

Estate tail gate

Post by Red Estate »

One of the 2 wedges (rubber) that aperture towards the bottom of my Estate is missing :( . Could anyone tell me where can i get a replacement?
Thank, :?
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Is this one of the side-pieces with a 10mm bolt though the middle, helping to retain the plastic moulding which runs along the lower boot lip, or are you referring to something else?

These items aren't rubber, but plastic, and I do have at least one that could be posted to you (FOC).

If it's one of the bump stops underneath the car (definitely rubber), then it's secondhand (again, I may have one) or Citroen if you're prepared to pay their prices. Someone in Aus/NZ recently had to find one and may have used a Peugeot item (a search on the forum for bumpstop should locate).

Then there are the various bungs in the boot floor....

Perhaps the picture below will show things more clearly : it shows the parts of the hatch itself.

If you can't see the part in the this photo, look at the link below a photo of the inside of the bodywork near the hatch.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn56 ... rop_01.jpg

Or is it to do with the latch for the hatch?
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Red Estate

Post by Red Estate »

It is number 10 in the diagram sir.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d

Post by DLM »

Good - that's what I thought it should be, and I do have more than one of these spare. I'll check the PM you sent to see if your address is in there, but if not, could you send me your address details so I can post it out to you.

Please send any address in a PM (personal message) as putting your personal details on a public forum is not a good idea.
Red Estate

Post by Red Estate »

Thank, DLM, got that part you kindly send to me on the tailgate now and it fit perfactly. no more rubbing sound from the back, very nice to drive.
Many thank again.
DLM
Our Trim Guru

Post by DLM »

My pleasure. Now is the time mine will probably drop off...