BX spares

BX Tech talk
Malcolm

BX spares

Post by Malcolm »

I recently tried to get an MOT but unfortunately the bottom hose blew out, and in the process of a temporary repair by an RAC mechanic, he cracked the themostat casing. My local garage has tried to get the hose and the casing but say they cant get them. Can you PLEASE tell me where I can get these spares???????

Regards Malcolm
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Going to need to know a wee bit more info!

Like, exactley what car you have, ie, petrol or diesel, engine size, year etc etc etc..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Malcolm

MY car is a 16valve 1988 model with side skirts etc.

Post by Malcolm »

docchevron1472 wrote:Going to need to know a wee bit more info!

Like, exactley what car you have, ie, petrol or diesel, engine size, year etc etc etc..
2cv and other citroen enthusiast
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

the bottom hose blew out, and in the process of a temporary repair by an RAC mechanic, he cracked the themostat casing
Forgive me if I'm being dim, but what was he trying to do, and is it really the thermostat casing?

Do you mean the metal (earlier) or plastic (later) thermostat casing from which the top hose emerges, or the multi-union plastic collector box at the back of the engine (on later models, at the very least) where the Bottom hose, heater hose and thermostat bypass hose all come together?

That's the setup I'm familiar with on diesels - couldn't tell you exactly about petrol models.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.