Front seat lumbar adjusters

BX Tech talk
Boulanger

Front seat lumbar adjusters

Post by Boulanger »

My 2cv has BX Gti front seats, but only the passenger seat has lumbar adjustment.

Did RHD cars only have adjusters on the driving seat?

Ta!

Rob
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Lumbar was only available on the 16v seats & it was driver side only....unless anyone knows otherwise?
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Nope, that sounds spot on Mulley.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Re: Front seat lumbar adjusters

Post by Terry Brooks »

Boulanger wrote:My 2cv has BX Gti front seats, but only the passenger seat has lumbar adjustment.
Same here .......I had wondered if I'd picked a GTi with odd seats....they're far better than the standard 2CV jobbies though.
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
Boulanger

Post by Boulanger »

Cheers, chaps!

Thought so, but it saves me wasting time searching for one in the UK. I hope to get the chance to scour some French scrappies when I drive down to the extreme south-west later this summer.

My old Rover 45 had exactly the same issue and I eventually found a replacement passenger seat in Stuttgart when a Rover dealer closed down.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Does the 16v seat have a genuine lumbar adjustment - i.e. something that only adjusts parts of the seat-back, rather than the whole seat-back?

My knowledge of and interest in 16v seats has been limited so far to envious glances at the predominantly green patterned 16v seats fitted to Triton Green Hurricane TDs - a really nice interior.

Also, is there a pic anywhere of how the central armrest is anchored. Alternatively, could I take a peek at some 16v seats in situ the next time I visit the barn, Doc?
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

DLM wrote:Does the 16v seat have a genuine lumbar adjustment - i.e. something that only adjusts parts of the seat-back, rather than the whole seat-back?
Er, yeah, kinda... The back will harden and soften across nearly all of the area of the seat. The only slight drawback is the side bolsters adjust with the same wheel, so if you're, er, a little larger in size, and like a soft seat you get pinned in the seat by the bolsters. If that makes any sense?
DLM wrote:My knowledge of and interest in 16v seats has been limited so far to envious glances at the predominantly green patterned 16v seats fitted to Triton Green Hurricane TDs - a really nice interior.
Hurricanes have standard re-trimmed GTi seats, not 16V seats...
DLM wrote:Also, is there a pic anywhere of how the central armrest is anchored. Alternatively, could I take a peek at some 16v seats in situ the next time I visit the barn, Doc?
The centrala rm rest I believe bolts into the centre console and is entirely remote from the seats themselves, I think, it's been years since I've seen one in anything other than pictures...

There's a few valver seats at the farm mate, and some in the TD, and of course you are always welcome.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d

Post by DLM »

Thanks for sating my idle curiosity!
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

docchevron1472 wrote:The central arm rest I believe bolts into the centre console and is entirely remote from the seats themselves, I think, it's been years since I've seen one in anything other than pictures...
Yes.

it hinges down near where the rear headphone jacks are, and has a leg that sits on top of the handbrake area. It's also completely in the way, doesn't open easily and is somewhat useless.

My Landlord has one in his BX, and has mentioned that he might like it removed.
this might be a signature
DLM
Our Trim Guru

Post by DLM »

t hinges down near where the rear headphone jacks are, and has a leg that sits on top of the handbrake area. It's also completely in the way, doesn't open easily and is somewhat useless.
In other words a standard must-have accessory - unless perhaps the car is a BX auto - which probably never had them fitted.....
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I have one of those central boxes on my Grandad-retirement-spec TRD, along with every other conceivable add on available in 1985 ( no fogs for some reason?)

One came up here on Ebay a few months back, in black velour which I thought I might have a punt on to put in the Yellow fella to store the compact cassette overflow. The damn thing went for €90 !! I had thought a score would secure it.

Probably for the best because that's the exact spot where Pelops the dog puts his front paws when we're cruising.. also enabling him to do some foul smelling yawns in my vicinty. Gotta get that dog guard in action!
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read