central locking problem

BX Tech talk
macker37
Confirmed BX'er

central locking problem

Post by macker37 »

Having recently purchased my latest 16v on H reg noticed central locking not working. All doors open if operated from passenger door. Having looked at loom in door and seen strawberries no really appears all wires to it are green and have been broken (by previous owner) dunno which to connect back together , any ideas appreciated.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

All green?
Like, every last wire?
It's been got at before then!

I'm assuming that nothing works in the door then?
Or am I being a tad dense here?
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

I think your car will have the 'Plip' remote system - which has its sensor on the roof with the interior lights etc. I mention this as the sensor is wired in place of the passenger front door key switch - and so the locking should NOT work when the passenegr door key is used. Same on ZX.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

i've found a few cars that will operate central locking from the passenger side when they have the plip. I know some two of these have been 'modified' (one ofwhich is my own) but the others where standard. There is no difference in the physical loom as the plip loom is a plug in and so the wires and connectors are inplace to add a full locking unit to the passenger side. Anways as with all things French, just because most of them dont do something from the factory doesn't mean there all that way. Clearly a none full CL on the passenger side is a cost cutting exercise!