Heater control panel

BX Tech talk
H Reg Pete
Confirmed BX'er

Heater control panel

Post by H Reg Pete »

Have just replaced the old heater motor and resister but the switch/rheostat on the dash is knackered, how the hell do you get it out without losing your temper and removing it with a hammer, new heater motor works a treat of the battery.

H Reg
H Reg BX TZD Turbo
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

Place a towel over the front seats and carpets and console to catch Orbital Springy Bits.
Lever out the central vents with a screwdriver. Gather 2 OSBs. Pull off the three knobs and be aware of the possibility of up to three OSBs. Remove the two screws thus revealed. Take a screwdriver and locate the inch tall spring clips in the apertures of the vents you have just removed. These spring inwards so jam the screwdriver in in front of the clips and lever them inwards. Pull the right hand side first and disconnect the lighter from the left. The PCB is now fully accessible.
Before going further, read last month's Ramblings. It is most unlikely to be knackered.
H Reg Pete
Confirmed BX'er

Post by H Reg Pete »

Hi thanks for that info I haven’t had time to try this yet, been on my hols for the last week in the north of Scotland. I wired the fan direct to the battery for the duration, just as well I did as we had snow, only problem was the fan was going at full speed all the time so didn't tend to warm up too quickly but did keep the screen clear and I had to lift the bonnet at the end of every trip to de attach the crocodile clips but will have a play at the weekend.
Many thanks

H Reg :D
H Reg BX TZD Turbo