BX doors and radio

BX Tech talk
classicnut5
Confirmed BX'er

BX doors and radio

Post by classicnut5 »

I have just bought a BX TZD which has a bodged repair on front driver side door running into rear door.The front door has a skim of visible filler and a terrible aerosol paint job,the rear just has the bad paint.I will take it to my local sprayer for a quote but was wondering whether a second hand set of Dark Blue doors would be an option or possibly re skinning and the cost of both options.Any ideas anyone?Also the Boston radio shows 3 bars on it but will not respond at all to the code being input(which is 4 digit)?It comes on but will not respond?
classicnut5
cacaolat
BXpert

Post by cacaolat »

I remember having trouble with the blaupunkt boston radio code, but then it turned out to be easy. It was something like press the button 3 times for a 3 and so on
former BX 16 TGS Meteor Auto owner. No space or time to do own repairs. My BX is now owned by another member of this forum.
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

I guess with the doors, it would be easier and cheaper to find another pair, but it really depends on what colour they are... because some colours are really rare, and others are less so.

I would suggest getting a quote from your bodyshop first, it might be a bit more costly, but will probably be less hassle, look better (This obviously depends how good they are) and you get too keep your original glass.
mat_fenwick

Re: BX doors and radio

Post by mat_fenwick »

classicnut5 wrote:will not respond at all to the code being input(which is 4 digit)?It comes on but will not respond?
Do you mean that once you have got the code to appear on the screen you can't get the radio to accept that it has been inputted? If so I had a Blaupunkt set from the early 90s (can't remember the model) where you had to press the RH tuning button (frequency up) to enter the code.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad