rapid hp/regulator cut in-cut out

BX Tech talk
B-Hive
BXpert

rapid hp/regulator cut in-cut out

Post by B-Hive »

Hi

I wonder if it was any coincidence that Margot bit me today (almost took my finger off in her door),, after I backed her out so that I could take the SAAB out for a drive..

Can anyone throw me a bone here!!

Seems like when there is a larger pressure demand from the hydraulics, Margots HP pump/regulator cuts in an out very rapidly, almost with a door knocking sound/action (on/off/on/off/on...you get the idea!!). Happens when starting from flat and then intermittently. Tick time other times is a bit low but livable.. Other symptom is noisy-ish pump when cuts ins. Could both these issues be a result of air in the system..

The rapid cut in/out sounds to me more like an issue with the regulator.. but has only happened after i put this better hp pump in.

It has probably been outlined before guys, but how do i first bleed the air from the hydraulics..and secondly are there any known quick fixes for issues with the regulator ?

Thanks
Current
85 BX GT Mk1..
86 BX TRS Mk1
87 BX TRi

Gone
85 BX TRS mk1 auto... SOLD
90 BX TRi..parts....cubed
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Just a thought: what sort of condition is the accumulator sphere? This is much like the symptoms of my BX 14 (no PAS) when the accumulator was near dead. Put the suspension up and it would go "tik-tik-tik-tik"
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I wold try a new accumulator sphere and 4 litres of new LHM as Aerodynamica says first, as for bleeding? I thought they were self bleeding.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....