TD camshaft fubar

BX Tech talk
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

docchevron1472 wrote:If the cambelts failed and the cams smashed the likelyhood of the belt still driving the injection pump is about eleventy cajillion to one mate.
Ha .... now that I read properly what Doc said, things don't look so gloomy!! For some dumb reason I thought he was saying the hp pump would not function :? :? Getting me belts in a twist methinks (won't admit to wearing knickers :wink: )
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

That's broke ;-)

Did it smash the cap(s) too?
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

What it has done is score the centre bearing surface somewhat. Unless you can be very very careful with a needle file and get the burrs off to get the surface back, the head is scrap.
this might be a signature
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Well I managed to tow ...... to a place of my choice (thanks Geoff) 8). Not under shelter though, so at the mercy of the elements unfortunately. I should be able to assess damage now and decide how to go forward ----^

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Remember the good old days when the seller would throw in a tank of fuel to sweeten the deal?

Imagine my surprise and joy when I turn ignition on and the fuel gauge needle moves to FULL 8) One happy ferret fellow :wink:

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Guess this won't fit the bill :cry:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... NA:GB:1123ebay[/url]

Edit: Sorry, seem to have messed up the link

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Erm, no mate!
But fear not, Courtesy of a fine BXer whom I shall be getting rather drunk with this weekend a cylinderhead that is infinitly less mullered than yours may well be returning to Brizle with myself this Sunday!

Or possibly Monday, depending on how drunk I get!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

8)

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle