How to tow a crippled BX?

BX Tech talk
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Unfortunately this caper's not happening. All obstacles were cleared : trailer and tow vehicle arranged for Saturday with willing father in law and his BXperienced mate. Wife no problem after all.

The bloke who was getting rid of it let it go to someone who was going to repair it which I suppose is better than my proposed slaughter of what was actually - judging by the pictures he sent - a very sound early diesel from 1984.

Also, because the barn where I keep my wrecks is full, I would have only had limited time to park it outside on the landlord's property and pull it all apart while it's -4 outside!

At least I know for next time how it's done..
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

toddao wrote:Wife no problem after all.
So what's your secret? How did you convince her?

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I've been working like a dog finishing the baby room. That makes me look like I'm willing, that puts her in a good mood, add to that that her head is like fluffy clouds at the moment what with lack of sleep and general mummy sensations. That gives me leeway..

I've actually earned some points now by not getting this BX even though she had accepted it. Now I know it's possible for when the next wreck appears! :D
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

That's pretty much the tactic I have adopted, except in my case it's working like a dog to finish the kitchen...
She's even agreed to buy me Kitch's leather interior for Christmas. Result!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad