heater problems

BX Tech talk
bill o
Confirmed BX'er

heater problems

Post by bill o »

1 1.7 tzd .fan has stopped working. this afternoon i checked for power at motor connections-no power. checked condition of rheostat board ,it looked ok ,but i am not sure which connections should have voltage. connected crocodile cilps to two wires and fed motor from battery--fan motor working fine. any one out there know where to look next.

2 1.9 tgd fan runs slowly as the control will not turn to the max position.also how do i relocate the cable to direct the airflow..screen ,floor etc. its ok for now as its set to the screen position.
the heat control is also not working as the cable is not connected.again its ok for now as its set to max.
does anyone have pictures of back of the heater control panel so i can see what fits where
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

I have a complete BX heater unit sill conected up to the control board. So easy to photograph except one snag I dont have a camera at the moment. Possibly able to get photos Monday for you thats sunday night to you :wink:
1991 BX19 TZS 04/01/91 (Deceased)
1990 BX19 TRS 27/10/89 (Reborn)
1992 BX19 TXD (Ex UK - K 744 SDF) 15/06/92
1990 BX19 TZS Auto 06/11/1989
1992 BX TZD Turbo Estate (Ex UK) 1/07/91
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

bill o
Confirmed BX'er

heater problems

Post by bill o »

to kiwi some pictures would certainly help ,no hurry as i wont have time to look at it for a couple of weeks,and at least i have heat and de misting which is very nessesary here at the moment.
to jeremy ,thanks ,yes ,i have and carried out the mod on the tgd but as i said untill i can sort out the control cables i can!t turn the control fully.

the real problem is with the tzd there is no response at all to the speed control although it turns freely. hope this isn!t too confusing as i am talking about problems on two different bx!s