Car Alarm fitting

BX Tech talk
classic2cv
BXpert

Post by classic2cv »

Hi Mike

I have a alarm made by Laserline it's designed for cars with remote Central locking

it didn't come with any instructions and the company weren't very forthcoming with information

(they seemed more interested in getting me to loads of money getting them to fit it) :shock:

it has ultrasonic sensors a flashing dashboard LED and a touch key to override it

i'd welcome any advice about fitting it

it'll make it a little harder for the local >>^ to have a go at without making a lot of noise

a second sounder inside the cabin sounds like a good too :mrgreen:

Citroen BX

Origami in plastic and steel

^^ ^^^^bx>
Rob_e (UK)
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Rob_e (UK) »

I fitted an alarm to mine some time ago. Although it is true that no one else will take any notice of a car alarm it is reassuring to know that no one can break in to it right outside your house without you knowing about it.

My problem at the moment is that the alarm is now a few years old and the remotes don;t work that well; unfortunately because it is a few years old Maplins where I bought hte alarm no longer sell that one, or the replacement remotes, so most of the time I have to leave it switched off now.

I always used to switch the shock sensor off though as if the front struts get a bit sticky, when it sinks if it doesn't do it smoothly that can be enough to set it off. My alarm had one wire that activated the alarm if grounded; the instructions said this was menat to be connected to the pin switches, but on the BX I decided it was better to connect it into the wiring for the door warning panel; this way the door doesn't even need to be opened as the switch is in the lock so pulling the handle once it is unlocked will set the alarm off.

It might be a bit more difficult to fit without any instructions. I guess if you could find some instructions for another alarm of that make, they might use common colours for their wiring. Otherwise I guess teh only way woulf be to connect it to a 12v power source and try and work out what the different wires are. Mine had the 12v positive and earth (obviously) and then another couple of wires which could supply 12v (these flash the inidcators when armed disarmed and when set off, these had an inline fuse on them) another wire sets it off if grounded, and another was grounded by the alarm when armed (this was meant to connect to an extra module which in turn connects to the central locking)

Good luck

Rob
BX19 GTi 8v 89 227k