LHM leak at right hand side rear wheel

BX Tech talk
Michael Stuart

LHM leak at right hand side rear wheel

Post by Michael Stuart »

Hi.
My beloved bx19 trs has developed a very bad leak at the right hand side rear wheel. I don't have a clue as to what it might be, i've tried to trace the problem but i really don't know enough about it to come to any conclusions.

Does anyone know what this may be and if so is it difficult to fix because i am in New Zealand where everything is harder to get your hands on.

any help would be much appreciated. thanks
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Right hand rear as in drivers side?

More than likely the T-Piece thats hidden above the rear subframe for the clear plastic return pipes. Costs around nz$25 from you local dealer!

Its an easy repair once you trace the pipes to it, did one recently to get a WOF.

Thats the most likely cause without seeing a photo.
1991 BX19 TZS 04/01/91 (Deceased)
1990 BX19 TRS 27/10/89 (Reborn)
1992 BX19 TXD (Ex UK - K 744 SDF) 15/06/92
1990 BX19 TZS Auto 06/11/1989
1992 BX TZD Turbo Estate (Ex UK) 1/07/91
Michael Stuart

Post by Michael Stuart »

Cool. I thought that it could have been something major because there is quite a big puddle in the driveway and i recently had to fork out $950 to get some suspension parts replaced and the car only cost me $850.
None of the mechanics in my area want to have anything to do with it and it is a 2 hour trip to the nearest citroen dealer but if it is something that minor it looks as if it will be up and running again in no time at all.
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

It is amazing Michael, just how big a puddle a minor LHM leak can leave behind it and how much LHM flows in the leakage returns. A little LHM really does go a long way!

Chances are, if the suspension works normally, that'll be what it is. Any leaks on the high pressure side normally empties LHM from the reservoir at a phenominal rate and makes quite a mess into the bargain.
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...