FRONT SPHERE CHANGE

BX Tech talk
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

There's some chat on the XM forum just now about fitting a front Hydractive center sphere in place of the standard accumulator which is 400cc and 62 bar. The XM center one is 500cc and 70bar and like a standard accumulator, it has no damper valve.

It's reckoned that the XM one will hold a larger volume of LHM in reserve at the right pressure about 170bar. The down side is that it would probably take longer for the stop light to go off starting after a longer rest.

Dean from the forum is giving it a go to report back on the effect.
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Ive changed the one on my GT and and on other models for a larger capcity Xantia one, It stays up for days :wink:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Roverman wrote: the fluid itself is nice and clean.
How can you tell, is there a service record? It's impossible to determine anything by peering down the filler...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Because it went everywhere! (about 2 litres when I got the seal on wrong)
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Roverman wrote:Because it went everywhere! (about 2 litres when I got the seal on wrong)
But what about all the crud in the sump at the bottom of the tank just dying to block up your FDV filters... Seriously Tim, you won't regret changing it.
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

jonathan_dyane wrote: Seriously Tim, you won't regret changing it.
Agreed but run Hydraflush through for a couple of thousand miles before refilling with new LHM...

Hydraflush really is FTW....
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

citrojim wrote:
jonathan_dyane wrote: Seriously Tim, you won't regret changing it.
Agreed but run Hydraflush through for a couple of thousand miles before refilling with new LHM...

Hydraflush really is FTW....
Call me over-cautious, but personally I wouldn't put in Hydraincage unless there was a pre-existing issue, stirring up all the shite in the system for no reason seems a tad like asking for bother...
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

I absolutely swear by the stuff. It's worked wonders time and time again for me.

My whole experiences of it though, I will freely admit, have only been in Xantias.

The idea of Hydraflush is that it does stir up all the crud and gets rid of it. That can't be a bad thing.

One thing it does, although it takes time, is to sort out sluggish height correctors without needing to dismantle them.
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

jonathan_dyane wrote:
Roverman wrote:Because it went everywhere! (about 2 litres when I got the seal on wrong)
But what about all the crud in the sump at the bottom of the tank just dying to block up your FDV filters... Seriously Tim, you won't regret changing it.
As soon as funds allow it will have a new accumulator sphere and LHM, but for now it will have to do as im broker than a broke thing on a very broke day!