Citroen bx zx hub compatibility????

BX Tech talk
talbotsteve
Confirmed BX'er

Citroen bx zx hub compatibility????

Post by talbotsteve »

My BX front hubs are now fecked, the studs have stripped the thread on the hubs so need replacing. I have a zx front subframe with rack, uprights ect, and was wondering if the Hub and hub carrier/upright were the same on the zx as on the bx?? this will just save me buying two new front hubs and enabling a relatively easy swap over of the whole lower arrangement?????
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

No

Its hard to think how 2 components doing much the same job could be less alike. The ZX bottom ball joint is on the wishbone and the BX one in the hub carrier for example.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

405 ones are the only ones that I can think of that may be similar. There are differences in the front hub between 405 models (different diameter lower ball joint etc) so even there you might need to get just the right one.

Where are you? I have several spare front hubs for BX. Collect, and they're yours.
this might be a signature
talbotsteve
Confirmed BX'er

Post by talbotsteve »

I'm in Cumbria, i'd gladly pay for them and for postage, would you have any in the upright to save me having to press old ones out and new ones in???? :D
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Typical... bloody miles away!

I do have some in uprights, but the wheelbearings on them are "vocal" to say the least. Also, the postage on a whole hub will be murderous. Just the inner hub with the wheel flange should be slightly less expensive.

I'll take a hub in to work and press the inner out for you this weekend.
this might be a signature
talbotsteve
Confirmed BX'er

Post by talbotsteve »