Glowplugs on a TZD

BX Tech talk
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Re: Glowplugs on a TZD

Post by DavidRutherford »

DavidRutherford wrote:
Roverman wrote:The green hornet takes over 10 seconds when starting from cold
To do what? 10 seconds of glowplugs, or 10 seconds of cranking?
:?:
this might be a signature
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

citrojim wrote:
jonathan_dyane wrote: You know Jim, it's high time you got yourself a BX, just so as to aquaint yourself with these little subtleties ;-)
Either that Johnathan or just confine my ramblings to non-BX areas of this fair forum or simply speak in generalities. :roll: :lol:

Not at all, and bollocks, and all that.
You're a part of the BXC family now kiddo. Quit posting and we'll all turn up on yer doorstep and beat you repeatedly with a keyboard!

You'd be easy to find, Go to Newport Pagnell, look for a street full of Xantia's!
CitroXim! wrote:I'm regularly very tempted to be honest. Something like the Green Hornet is even more tempting for me.
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no!
If you're gona get a BX, do it right young man!
get a valver, valver's are for winners.
Once you've had a Monet, a Turner (whilst it might be a great work in it's own right) just dont cut the mustard!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

DavidRutherford wrote:
DavidRutherford wrote:
Roverman wrote:The green hornet takes over 10 seconds when starting from cold
To do what? 10 seconds of glowplugs, or 10 seconds of cranking?
:?:
For the glow plugs to go out, after which it starts first time, but does cough and belch for the first few seconds on cold start ups.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Roverman wrote:
Roverman wrote: 10 seconds
For the glow plugs to go out, after which it starts first time, but does cough and belch for the first few seconds on cold start ups.
So there's nothing actually wrong then. 10 seconds of glowplugs is about right in the cold weather were having. Bear in mind that the glowplug relay incorporated a temperature sensor, which adjusts the glowplug warning lamp time so that you get more pre-heat in cold weather.

The rough running after startup is most likely to be worn injectors or some other issue. If it starts first time after 10 seconds of plugs, all the plugs are working fine, and you don't have any air leaks.
this might be a signature
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

docchevron1472 wrote:
citrojim wrote:
jonathan_dyane wrote: You know Jim, it's high time you got yourself a BX, just so as to aquaint yourself with these little subtleties ;-)
Either that Johnathan or just confine my ramblings to non-BX areas of this fair forum or simply speak in generalities. :roll: :lol:

Not at all, and bollocks, and all that.
You're a part of the BXC family now kiddo. Quit posting and we'll all turn up on yer doorstep and beat you repeatedly with a keyboard!

You'd be easy to find, Go to Newport Pagnell, look for a street full of Xantia's!
CitroXim! wrote:I'm regularly very tempted to be honest. Something like the Green Hornet is even more tempting for me.
Once you've had a Monet, a Turner (whilst it might be a great work in it's own right) just dont cut the mustard!
Are getting all arty farty there Docmeister? How awfully splendid! :lol: :wink:

Yes Xim - you've done enough (more than enough and more than most) to hold the site together so BX or no BX you are hereby entombed unto the BXC !!!!! :wink:
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

docchevron1472 wrote: Not at all, and bollocks, and all that.
I'll do as I'm told Doc :lol: :lol: I'm going nowhere...
docchevron1472 wrote: You'd be easy to find, Go to Newport Pagnell, look for a street full of Xantia's!
Next weekend that task will become just a little easier... A V6 with a very dead autobox joins my fleet as a long-term project :D :D :D V6 Activa maybe?
Once you've had a Monet, a Turner (whilst it might be a great work in it's own right) just dont cut the mustard![/quote]

One day Doc, one day. The Aquistion of the V6 might have delayed it a bit but never say never....

I hear and know what you're saying... After an Activa an ordinary Xant does not quite cut it...
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

BX Bandit wrote: Yes Xim - you've done enough (more than enough and more than most) to hold the site together so BX or no BX you are hereby entombed unto the BXC !!!!! :wink:
Ohh, blush, I'm honoured :D As I said above, I'm here for keeps, no worries :wink:

But there's one thing I'm doing and that's to change my username. I think CitroXim it is :lol:
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

CitroXim wrote: A V6 with a very dead autobox joins my fleet as a long-term project :D :D :D V6 Activa maybe?
Siemens box?? Fun!

Activa V6 most definitley mate, it's the engine that car should always have had. Even I would have a RHD V6 Activa.

Not sure about an auto V6 Activa though. I'm still of the school of thought that a go fast sporty arse car should have a soup stirer box.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...