Ruptured pipe, what next?

BX Tech talk
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Ruptured pipe, what next?

Post by ed4ferrets »

OK, puddles of LHM so started engine bonnet up and spotted the leak as soon as the hp pump kicked in. A fine spray from pipe as shown .... the one on the left (with a lump of epoxy on it). A fine vertical crack about 5mm long which I patched in desperation due to an urgent visit to the vet first thing tomorrow. This may get me there and back but what's the long term solution, can I get a pipe preformed etc and where does it go to anyway?
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Without going outside and checking I'm not sure where it goes, but most pipes are/were available pre-made.
I'm sure you'll be able to acquire one on here though.

I'm thinking it's the main feed pipe from pump to FDV :?
They think it's all over, it is now!
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I had this one fracture halfway to Liverpool a few months back. I'd recently changed the FDV and obviously stressed the pipe out when refitting it.

Luckily, Vanny the manny had a spare and I was able to get it off him that same weekend, fix the car and drive back.

Took £50 of LHM to get it there though :( It was nearly leaking out as fast as I was putting it in.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Aye, thats the pipe from the HP pump mate, it's fairly common for them to call it a day.

Erm, I'm sure I have one or three premade laying around.
I would make you one but I'm not sure whose got the flaring kits anymore! I suspevt they may be in Coventry or some such..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
nige!
Confirmed BX'er

Post by nige! »

last time i checked Citroen were still stocking the pipes, took an overnight order to get mine
all i want for christmas is a dukla prague away kit

My Fleet:
1994 Citreon BX - reliable Eric
1970 MKIII OD Spitfire (1500) - MOT'd and driving daily
1972 VW Type2 Camper - all ready for holidays
1984 Kawaskai Z750ltd - still scares me
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Thought I might have had one on an fdv I have lying around but after much searching............. nada :? Only pipes gsf Brizzl has is to do with rear strut and the only seals in stock 3.5 mm, not much help there then! However they had loads of LHM so I stocked up as it's chucking out about a litre a day now.
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Removing one of these from a TZD turbo on a cold windy night on teh side of the road is not much fun, however in the right company it is a bearable job.

Worse was yet to come, fitting the replacement pipe :x late into the night and continuing alone this morning in a bloody snowstorm #-o.

Finished at last around midday with bruised and puffy hands and an ego to match :wink:

Doc provided the pipe and Geoff delivered it along with much practical help, tools and tutoring argue:-( :lol: giving me the confidence to complete the job under my own steam this morning8) :D. Many thanks guys

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle