TZD turbo estate with full T&T (new lower price)

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
Thread Bear
1K Away

Re: TZD turbo estate with full T&T (new lower price)

Post by Thread Bear »

EBay experience gets worse, really.
Buying, I now look locally, mostly, as I do a drive by of the sellers claimed location. Can be very revealing. Like its not real, the car is there, but no one who owns it, etc etc. Great phoning up sellers who insist on appointment only - like me. Unlike me they do not like you being outside their gate and put 'phone down, are not really belonging to that address, etc etc. The scammers are numerous and devious down to using a dealers forecourt to clinch a deposit collection and sale, so you think you have come back on the dealer. In between this you meet the odd diamond who is honest, knowledgeable and offering a sensible deal. It is all to easy to scoff, and pass it by as to good to be true, and just another scam to which you have yet to work out the angle. Yes getting a good deal is now hard work and your back in your car doing miles to protect your wallet.
Selling, I hardly bother now. It is too expensive and there are to many wide boys trying to pull a fast one. I think it is back to having my own website frontage, classifieds free, and the odd eBay to advertise I have crap for sale, when I get ready to clear out some stuff later in 2014. I am fortunate to be in the middle of the South so easy for many people to visit, but the cost of couriering/posting has killed trade with many items costing more to despatch than buy. Thus I think Auto-jumbling will come back onto the agenda for buying and selling. The old rule with niff naff was three jumbles and chuck it out (to tight, so assembly a van full and knock it out for a ton to someone else who fancied his chances). The fact is, though, folk are having the wallets tweaked, and money is not around as it used to be, and I expect jumbling prices will be low. A problem as the fees for many jumbles are high, as is the cost of getting there. In the central South we have no good Autojumble any more. Probably due to venue costs. Newbury Showground, perfect location, but silly price to rent. The nearby Race Course offers cheaper venue but has not taken off as a major jumble, pleasant out of season car show though. BX probably get in free now.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

My biggest problem with Ebay is you search a specific item and get 0 returns, so widen the search and get 000's of listings for universal car mats, stickers, and other tat that's nothing to do with what you want.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Come on guys, stop knocking ebay. Where would you be without it?
Its the biggest boot fair in the world and if you have something good to sell it will get good money but it wont work if you expect good money for absolute tutt.
There are bargains galore out there if you can be bothered to look for them. People miss sell things all the time all the time but it seems that you cant be bothered to look. Sometimes the seller asks too low a price, ive had many many BX bargains this way that most of you have missed. OK, if you sell you have to wrap up and post the item out, maybe its because you cant be bothered to do that, well, thats just laziness. As for charges and fees, everyone complains of these but there is no such thing as a free dinner in this life and if you get a better price than actually you would have got at a boot fair, well, quids in.
Yes, it can be difficult when many items come up in your searches that you have no interest in but that said you can refine your search and i too have found bargains that i wasnt looking for but could not afford to pass. Bah, humbug.......

Andy
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

To many other things to do to trawl through, I am afraid. The folk I know who do best on eBay are under employed at work. Now that does make sense, getting paid by a third party to look at eBay. No one pays my time to do anything, so I cannot waste it on dodgy deals. I used to trade cars, I am pretty good at it still. I never bought many from eBay, but I did it through contacts I could trust. I am even less likely to buy through eBay now. I use the listings as an advertising medium and follow up outside their sphere of influence to get a better deal without their fees, or get to spot the geezers before I get ripped off, since eBay chose to disable the geezer spotters guide to dodgy members in favour of their bank account. I am more than pleased that people are more effective than I am on the auction listings, but it has really kind of stopped working for me in the normal way after 1200 recorded transactions and some 1000 more where no one bothered to leave feedback - telling in itself that feedback now is pretty meaningless to many people. Ebay is a badly scratched favourite record you cannot bare to throw away.

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Come on guys, stop knocking ebay. Where would you be without it?
A lot richer for a start, without a house full of bikes, or £330 a month in storage fees!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Same here Mike. I'd have saved about four grand, if eBay wasn't around. :shock:
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Well, you didnt have to use ebay if you didnt want to did you?
Some of you are from another planet really.!! If you didnt want it you would not have bought it so dont complain.

Andy
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Buying new crap is fun. Selling it can be too, when you have had some enjoyment from ownership. Not so good if your just treading water stirring stuff about. I cannot knock the stashers as I am a clinically referred sufferer myself. I think maybe rephrasing the thrust of my comment into modern speak - the enjoyment of the buying/selling process is not as good as it was, when using eBay, over a period of some 12 years (or whatever time I have been doing it). Nothing stays the same. As an old git I reserve the right to whinge about it. What ever happened to Spangles?

Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I think eBay is one of the best inventions as of late, yes theres idiots out there (same as anywhere), but running an old car like the BX is made MUCH easier by it.

I bought the Minor, and sold the DTR through it with no issues, just tread with caution and look at the buyer/sellers profile.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

In my experience the biggest problem with the bay is it does appear much easier to buy than sell , just one click of a button to buy :( :wink:
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Defender110 wrote:In my experience the biggest problem with the bay is it does appear much easier to buy than sell , just one click of a button to buy :( :wink:
That life bud, wherever you go. Much easier to just buy a pint at a pub than serve it. :D

Andy
Willy
BXpert

Post by Willy »

Well this went for peanuts.

Maybe if I'd described it as "mint sold as seen" it would have reached more? Who knows
ImageImageImageImageImage
Willy
BXpert

Post by Willy »

High bidder claims they may not be able to pay up, brilliant, so offers over £500 considered
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Its the week after christmas, plus the car was mucky, had bare wheels and had stuff in the boot, bad lucky bud, its a nice car too.

I would try again, get some el cheapo wheel trims and get it washed and polished, empty the boot and take the mis matched mats out (forpicture purposes).
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Willy
BXpert

Post by Willy »

I suppose you are a car dealer...

The mats are actually a matching pair, just the drivers side has the extra rubber section