Mark 1 GT for sale

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
lesg
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: citroen bx gt

Mark 1 GT for sale

Post by lesg »

For sale a B reg GT. Selling as a non runner as will not start after cutting out and have just run out of patience and time. Car was running fine but cut out a few weeks ago and the nice man from the AA got it going by putting a cable tie on to the strangle flap bar as it wouldn't run when off choke. This was fine until yesterday when I moved it off the drive and parked it around the corner and it cut out and won't restart. The car has mot and has photos of it on various Citroen sites and is in good condition for the year (1985). Sensible offers will be considered as you know they are quite a rare motor to come up for sale. Sad to be getting rid of her but other cars need taxing etc etc and as stated just ran out of steam with it. :(
saintjamesy89
1K Away
My Cars: 1985 Citroen BX19 GT
198x Citroen BX16 TRS auto
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
1991 Saab 900 16v convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Re: Mark 1 GT for sale

Post by saintjamesy89 »

Les, that's very sad to hear! Sounds like a carb-related problem which I know can be tricky to diagnose and fix, especially now that finding someone who knows anything about carbs is quite challenging. I remember that you've had carb issues before, so understand that it must be very frustrating for you.

There are photos on the BX Club facebook site (i'd re-post them here but dont have fb access right now) for those who are interested. Where abouts in the country are you Les? May help prospective buyers to know.

Best of luck.
I'm not a Saint, or a James, but a Tom Saint-James!

Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
2006 Lexus RX 400h SE hybrid
lesg
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: citroen bx gt

Post by lesg »

Hi there, just a quick update on the car. I had a look at the car today and got her going again, maybe blocked pipe or jet but touch wood she's running fine again. Battery was flat so charged it up and started first turn of the key. I am going to get her to a garage and get her looked at properly. She is a great car when running, if she runs ok, who knows, maybe I will keep her, as I know I would never get another one, or if I could it would probably cost a lot more than having mine fixed. Still open to good offers but bear in mind that I will not let her go for less than what the car owes me, which is into 4 figures. Many thanks, Les. I am in Worcestershire if that helps anyone on making an offer.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Les, keep it, get the carb rebuilt, I did on mine and it made a huge difference.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....