BX TZD For Sale 1992 Needs Radiator K 197 BAN

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
rugmuncher
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: BX 1.4 RE, BX TZD TURBO, BX TZD Turbo, BX TXI, BX TZD TURBO

BX TZD For Sale 1992 Needs Radiator K 197 BAN

Post by rugmuncher » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:06 pm

Greetings, It's finally time to let my BX TZD hatchback go. Owned Kevin (K-BAN. Wife names all our cars based on the Reg) for over 5 years and he's been superb. Still is...... I've had one or another bx for 27 years now but the time has come. K 197 BAN. 211,000. A great car. Still drives sweet and returns 48mpg on average. Regularly goes from Huddersfield to Bournemouth and never misses a beat. Silver with clean and complete black/grey interior, see photos. Everything works, including the heater blower! All 4 electric windows, decent stereo with quality speakers. Front arm rest. Remote central locking, 2 keys but only one transmitter. In daily use and with mot until 30th June 2019. New front pads, 4 new spheres last June, 4 nearly new tyres and good spare, recent battery last June. Tow-bar with electrics, though I've never used it. Hydraulics all fine. Needs a radiator. It's leaking from just below the header so it still runs with a supply of water. In other words it can be driven home. We went to Southport on Weds and it took 6 litres of water for the whole distance, 160 mile round trip with no overheating, so It'll be safe to drive to wherever, but it needs a radiator! Hens teeth! A few other little things;- the sunroof drains at the rear are blocked and I can't locate the drain tubes to blow them out so I've sealed the sunroof with silver tape. Still worked fine when I sealed it. Needs the drain tubes re-attaching, or just leave it sealed. The ABS light came on last month. Comes on then goes off again. The brakes are fine. I took it round to my bud at the mot test centre and he put it on the brake tester and it performed normally. I think it's a faulty sensor but he said it would need sorting for the next mot. As you can see from the pics it was out when I took the pictures. Bit of rust under bonnet might need a bit of a weld also for next mot. Far too good to scrap or break for parts. Comes with a couple of boxes of bits. Right hand headlights for use on the continent. Spare rear light clusters, spare hydraulic pump (from my previous TZD which was t-boned), various other bits. Got to be still worth around £650.00. Any offers?
IMG_6498.JPG
IMG_6502.JPG
IMG_6514.JPG
IMG_6510.JPG
IMG_6503.JPG
IMG_6499.JPG
IMG_6497.JPG
IMG_6495.JPG
IMG_6493.JPG
IMG_6491.JPG