Greek 14 Estate

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Greek 14 Estate

Post by DLM »

Went to Thessaloniki at Easter (fab place), and just down the road from the airbnb was a de-plated and scruffy red 14TE estate, complete with strategically-placed LHM-catcher just under where you'd expect the leaks from a dodgy octopus to be. A screwdriver inside was holding up the driver's window...... No sign of a rear wiper, though rear screen looks decidedly convex and non-original.

Yes, I know , no such thing as a 14 estate in the UK but sold in other markets.

Loads of other more-or-less-recent Citroens - a real plethora of Xsaras (maybe there's a better collective noun for them), the odd AX, ZX, Xantia. 9 BXs or so on sale nationwide on greek small ads website when I looked - most being sold as a going concern AFAIR.
Attachments
Front-Half.jpg
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d

Re: Greek 14 Estate

Post by DLM »

Rear_half.jpg
Here's the 14TE-badged rear end as it didn't seem to appear in the post above.
Sera
My Cars: BX14

Post by Sera »

Is red a rare colour for BX? the car looks good in red, I must say.
DLM
Our Trim Guru

Post by DLM »

That's a very standard red - I've owned a couple of BXs myself in that solid red. The colour as pictured on that estate is very much the "after-sun" bleached-out version - the paint would need to be "cut" to get back to the original red. That's a process that can only be done a limited number of times, of course.