Audrey Tatou in a BX

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
Oscar
1K Away

Audrey Tatou in a BX

Post by Oscar »

Fans of Amelie will remember the GS (I think) that crashes, and the DS that is in the background for a second as Amelie whips around Paris with the man of her dreams.

Another film, called "He loves me, he loves me not", features Tatou in a red (yippee) BX, on the back seat covered with a blanket.

SWMBO and I watched it yesterday. Apart from the BX, it's pretty predictable and not very interesting :D
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

Not interesting? With Audrey Tautou in it? After Anouk Aimee, my favourite French film star!
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

I only watched cos I knew there was a BX in it :) but seriously, apart from the play of emotions across that gorgeous face as Tautou plays a seriously disturbed young woman, there was little else to hold the interest.

My wife, btw, looks very like Tautou, except that her eyes are smaller and greener. But when she smiles :lol: oh boy.

Anyway, sorry for digression...
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Yes, saw that a while back (and noted the BX). It's no Amelie, but then perhaps that's the point. Car appearances in French films are sometimes bizarre - I remember seeing a French film 20-odd years ago in which the glamourous female star swanned around in ...... a red Austin Maestro.
M

Post by M »

Chokky
Anyone remember this well weird childrens telly prog?

Sure it had a BX in it (Matthews dad's) and I remember Chocky having a right benny with Mat over the engine - saying it was "ugly".
"Later that day, Dad arrives home in a new Citroen car. All the family rushes out to see the new car and to oohhh and aahhhh over it. Matthew asks to see inside the engine whilst Polly sits in the front seat. Mum and dad go back inside the house but soon Polly rushes in asking what is wrong with Matthew. Mum and dad run outside to find Matthew in a terrible state, shouting, crying and physically very distressed. They take him back inside and dad tries to talk to Matthew about what made him so upset. Matthew explains that Chocky thought the new car was clumsy and old fashioned and nothing short of complete rubbish."

Mind you it was petrol......

Actually - isnt that a GSA wing?

This is the only other picture I can find of it on the interweb - Im sure now it must have been a CX estate.
Oh bum - and I got so excited driving home from work too when I thought of that.
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

You been sniffing the thinners again Big Guy :lol: :twisted:
M

Post by M »

No, its an afternoon in a clinic full of opiate addicts with no windows that does it.

Your thought process goes a bit wonky after that....
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Marty wrote:No, its an afternoon in a clinic full of opiate addicts with no windows that does it.

Your thought process goes a bit wonky after that....
That was my other thought :wink:
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

definitely a CX estate.

Looks like a late series 1, with flared arches. Puts it between 1982 and 1986 model years.
this might be a signature
tom
Citroen Sorceror

Post by tom »

an early series 1 without the flared arches, actually, methinks
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

D'oops!

I thought the early models had completely plain arches, but I bow to your superior knowledge of these!

More research needed by me methinks.
this might be a signature
tom
Citroen Sorceror

Post by tom »

and going back to the top of the topic, the crash involved a Peugeot 104 and a CX.
M

Post by M »

Wandering back OT to the CX - bought Chocky on DVD today - partly to scare James with, and partly for my own curiosity.

Its a CX.

Will grab some better screen shots shortly.