MK2 19RD ESTATE

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

That's the "best case" scenario, but it is some 120 miles away, 25 of which are within the M25, and hence very painful. The journey is probably the better part of 3 hours on a good day.

*is undecided*
this might be a signature
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

If I were you and were able to face making the journey again, rather than actually repairing it at the side of the road I would get it running (likely removing stop solonoid plunger and alternator belt, then with +ve battery lead removed connect jump lead 'twixt +ve battery and glow plug connector, then move jump lead to starter solonoid) then use an A frame to tow it back. Only real issue is if it gets hot in traffic without fans available, but even with a grotty radiator in this weather I doubt it would get that hot.
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Or use a trailer :-)
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Yes, that evening was not short of entertainment! I don't think I've ever come so close to being arrested... and of course I didn't have my work ID card on me :roll:

I also think it would be a shame to scrap the car purely because it has a shite alarm on it (which, incidentally, the previous owner actually believed was disconnected because she's never had anything to do with it)... and don't forget you have willing helpers and a bed if necessary some five miles - which equals half an hours drive - from the car!
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Today, having shifted some scrap from my driveway, I had space to have a proper look at this car.

It needs:
  • New rear wings.
    Welding repair to the back of both sills.
    Welding repair in both rear door shuts
    A clutch
    Both large and small octopus
    A complete interior
    MOT
    Tax
Even then it will still be an utter shed. The prognosis is that it's scrap. There's just too much work needed to make it even slightly viable.

So it's breaking. It won't be for long, as now that the decision is made, it's going.

Anyone need any estate-specific bits?
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Oooh, I might be after the TZD style bumper if that's unclaimed...and reasonably tidy. I wouldn't need the fogs though, which might fetch a few quid on ebay if they're still reflective.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Are you after the whole bumper, or just the splitter? The bumper is typical faded pink and a bit scuffed, but the splitter is fine.

The front fogs aren't OEM ones... some rubbish halfords type ones with plastic stone guards on them... Shame.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Just the splitter please, if it just mounts on to a standard bumper. I had thought it was an integral part of the bumper moulding, but thinking about it that would be a costly way to manufacure it...
Let me know what you want for it, and hopefully I can collect from you if you are going to the National and/or Stratford.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

If they is any good, I'll have the halfrauds fogs please....Tokens or fizzy lhm at your discretion sire....
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Yours, and you're welcome!
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Ta mate. Keep a tally and I'll sort you out. You going to Stratford?
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue