BX 14 TGE in Suffolk

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
rob-81
BXpert

BX 14 TGE in Suffolk

Post by rob-81 »

BX 14 TGE

Silver, hatchback, 1990. MOT until June 2009 and tax until the end of April 2009. Good runner, economical and starts well. Tidy exterior and interior. Good tyres all round. New spheres front and rear and currently running on hydraflush (been in for around 600 miles). New front pads, discs and offside calliper. Some service history and it had an oil and filter change just before Christmas. Cheap tax and insurance (FJ insure it very cheaply). Doesn’t smoke, use oil or water and the clutch is good.

Bad bits: rear arms are quite creaky and some lean is noticeable. Drop links “clonk” on bumps and the ride isn’t a smooth as I had hoped (front struts a bit creaky too). Some rust on the front inner wings and the rear exhaust hanger needs welding. The central locking doesn’t always work from the drivers door, but does from the passengers side.

I bought this car in September to replace my Acadiane. I have used it every day since and it has been very reliable. I am a community nurse and as such, spend a lot of time driving round town. I am sure it will continue to be reliable. I have decided to sell it after seeing a nice diesel estate. I have owned a few 19D’s and like them a lot. The 14 is a better car than I thought it would be though, being quite lively (for a 1.4), quiet and refined enough for longer journeys. It has returned about 35-40 mpg with mostly urban and semi urban use and returns 45 mpg on longer runs. It has no power steering but the steering is actually very nice to use - nicer than my 19 TGD in fact – it is light enough to park and feels good on the move.

In summary, a reliable car with a few issues that may effect the MOT in June. It would be good for someone who was able to do some of the bigger jobs themselves or wanted a stop gap for a few months. As it is taxed and tested and has no immediate problems, it can be driven away and put straight into service. I am looking for offers around £175 but am pretty flexible. The car is located in Suffolk. I will try to add some pictures later. Send me any requests for specific pictures or PM me for further details…..
19 TGD estate
17 TZD Turbo hatch
rob-81
BXpert

Post by rob-81 »

http://bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9098 This was it when it was advertised last time. I have added around 6k miles so it is now around 107ish (I will check later though).
19 TGD estate
17 TZD Turbo hatch
rob-81
BXpert

Post by rob-81 »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24248884@N ... 960982681/

Here are some photos. I can send more if need be.
19 TGD estate
17 TZD Turbo hatch
rob-81
BXpert

Post by rob-81 »

sold! Bought by a young lad who had his saxo stolen last week. Got £165 for it.
19 TGD estate
17 TZD Turbo hatch