BX FOR SALE - TZD -

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

As Mulley says, what exactly are the issues?

As i understand it, the car was to be £350 as it was, £400 if if went straight through the MOT, or up to £500 depending on what it needed for the MOT.
[quote=bxforsale]been into a citroen/peugeot garage for fresh mot,new alternator,plated rust[/quote]
So it has had some welding for the MOT, and a new alternator put in. Considering what has recently been paid for a similar car (Tourist!) it doesn't sound too bad, obviously depending on what these 'other issues' are...
From the pictures shown the O/S A and C posts look exceptionally good, and the nearside better than average.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

You can tell it's late (I'm still working! :roll: )... hope no-one falls out over this. BXforsale, sir, you are being as accommodating as any could reasonably expect! Best of luck finding a new owner. Boxwolf, it's your call I guess.

I'm outta here :)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
BXforsale

Post by BXforsale »

Many thanks.No fall outs.I think I'd prefer a different buyer now just in case the engine did fall out!
Boxwolf
BXpert

Post by Boxwolf »

BXforsale wrote:Many thanks.No fall outs.I think I'd prefer a different buyer now just in case the engine did fall out!
No problem, if your not happy to be selling it to me I guess i'll just have to keep looking. I hope you find a good buyer who is a little more mechanically skilled than myself.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Boxwolf wrote:I guess i'll just have to keep looking. I hope you find a good buyer who is a little more mechanically skilled than myself.
As Mat said above it is likely to be as good a candidate as you are likely to find for the money.
It has an MOT and you can drive it for a year while you learn.

However, if you don't have the confidence/skills to tackle any ocurring repair needs yourself and are unable to fund 3rd party repairs like Phil, why on earth are you contemplating buying a car that has been out of production for 15 years? Common Sense should tell you that issues will arise on cars of this age but to most of us we accept that such repairs outweigh the cost of depreciation on newer cars besides the fact that we are quirky Citroen addicts.
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Boxwolf
BXpert

Post by Boxwolf »

Way2go wrote:
Boxwolf wrote:I guess i'll just have to keep looking. I hope you find a good buyer who is a little more mechanically skilled than myself.
As Mat said above it is likely to be as good a candidate as you are likely to find for the money.
The opinions seem to be mixed on whether the car is worth the price, and I have been informed outside of the forum that it is particularly steep for a bx with no tax. Also as I noted earlier in the post your quoting from, i'm backing away cause the seller doesn't seem to be happy to sell to me anymore.
Bxforsale wrote: I'd prefer a different buyer now
Way2go wrote: It has an MOT and you can drive it for a year while you learn.
Do you mean learn to fix bits?
Way2go wrote: if you don't have the confidence/skills to tackle any ocurring repair needs yourself
I do intend to tackle whatever I can myself, as long as I can get enough technical support from the club to know how to do it with confidence. I have experienced having holes burned in my pockets from my last car, even so, I did fix a few bits on it myself.
Way2go wrote: why on earth are you contemplating buying a car that has been out of production for 15 years?
My previous car was over 15 years old, and I have no desire to fund a new car. Plus, as you rightfully mentioned,
Way2go wrote: we are quirky Citroen addicts.
I love quirky Citroens.
BXforsale

Post by BXforsale »

Sorry about the double entry.Car is sold.Enjoy your motoring.
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

Who's the new owner?
BXforsale

Post by BXforsale »

Private sale.