Alloys For Sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Me too. Now its ok to make money and put that before anything else that's must be the new spirit of the forum? Maybe you're smarting after getting rumbled trying to score those rare estates or maybe the costs of coming back empty handed but I did wonder who was going to pay for that excursion. That's enough from me my conscience let's me sleep at night. Good luck with your money making schemes, contrary to what you said a lot of people on here are not at all impressed with your free loading.
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Actually can a mod delete my last post please? I stand by what I said but if the leopard won't change its spots its futile. I don't intend to feed the cash cow so I accept I should have sent a pm instead.
Vauxhall apologist.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Money making schemes my arse, I really do wonder what planet you two are on and where the hell you get your ideas from. I really wish I was as good at making money as you acsuse me of then it wouldnt be so laughable.

Now do me and the rest of the forum and just drop the barage of hateful posts, it wont work as im not going anywhere and I will continue to buy and sell bx's bits if I feel like it, whether I make a few quid or its got fuck all to do with anyone but me.

The last abusive PM you sent me on another forum (I can produce it if you like) as you couldnt reach me here as you were banned you made it quite clear you didnt want to have any contact or anything to do with any of my post yet its fine to lambast me when the mood takes you. So please stick to your suggestion and leave me be.
ellevie
Forum Treasurer

Post by ellevie »

Thread locked by ellevie.
David

BX19TRS 118K E Reg 1992-2008
BX19TRS auto abs 96k F Reg
BX19TXD 150k K Reg
ellevie
Forum Treasurer

Post by ellevie »

BxBandit,
I am not prepared to stand by and see a resumption of this very public personal vendetta you are waging against Roverman. This kind of behaviour is very distasteful and must be very off-putting to new members and those thinking of joining the forum. If you persist with this I will recommend a suspension or termination of your account.

cavmad,
Billy, You said it --- it stays. This is the reason Jon withdrew the Edit facility. Furthermore it is not acceptable to use the PM service to torment and abuse other users.

If it should prove necessary to suspend or terminate any user account public notification will be given in an announcement at the top of the General Chat section of the forum.
David

BX19TXD 150k K Reg
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

There is no Vendetta, there never has been as there is no cause for one and there never will be. A vendetta is a pointless continued 'tit for tat' exercise.
There is no bullying. I'm merely stating my point of view.
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

charlie
BXpert

Post by charlie »

^^^^ vendatta....meanings of ^^^^

no1

old unreliable rover

no 2

old type of icecream, very kitch

no 3

old type of house extension, usually stuck on the rear

no 4

old type of venetian boat noted for its gay decorations

:D :lol: :D
yes.....
the colour is....
guiness white..........
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

/\

What he said and to add further to use words like 'bullying' and 'vendetta' is an absolute nonsense. Further to that again I was asked previously by a moderator (honestly cannot remember who sorry) to use pm's if 'this type of thing' had to be said. So I did do and now that's wrong as well?
How many posts has Tim made and how many have had a reply along similar lines? bet it's not one in five hundred and it's always been when people believed there was a motif behind his posts, NOT for 'bullying' and 'vendettas'. Laughably the vast majority have actually been light hearted and for you to criticise Doc for comments that were factual is, I'm afraid to say, an indication one is running scared because someone is playing the victim card unfairly.
Do people on here actually ever venture out in real life abnd deal with everyday people? Christ on a bike I endure considerably worse banter (and that's what this has been not bullying) than this almost every single day at work and it's part of everyday life for most people.
Did you honestly believe Bandit's light hearted post about a car for sale (and various other posts from other people Tim has taken umbrage with) was/were bullying? If so I'm afraid you have fallen prey to the kind of humourless, killyjoy, namby-pamby political correctness that is strangling this country.
I'm sorry but to say 99.9% of what has been pointed at Tim over the years is bullying and vendatta is absolute rubbish and I've had more than one abusive message from Tim myself.
I did point all this out to you by pm but as you ignored it and chose to sort of publicly bollock me on here I felt this was the only way to get my point across.
You seem a decent fella David but for the love of God stay rational and don't take one person's word as Gospel.
Vauxhall apologist.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Lets get this topic back on track please, Billy you and I will never agree, you may not see it as a vendetta but I do as would most if they were me, you dont like me neither does bandit for hwatever reasons, fine I can live with it, so PLEASE lets leave it at that for the sake of the other forum members as I am sure they are sick of reading about it.

So finally getting back on thread the alloys are now on ebay (see link).
ellevie
Forum Treasurer

Post by ellevie »

Tim I'm truly sorry you have been subjected to this abuse on top of everything else. I unlocked this thread with the intention of adding a short message to say that I had not replied to your, BX Bandit's and cavmad's PMs and that I did not intend to. Unfortunately I got distracted and forgot about it.

charlie
Homophobic innuendo will not be tolerated on this forum.

If it should prove necessary to suspend or terminate any user account public notification will be given in an announcement at the top of the General Chat section of the forum.

David

BX19TXD 150k K Reg
ellevie
Forum Treasurer

Post by ellevie »

In issuing this warning I chose my words very carefully,

Homophobic innuendo will not be tolerated on this forum

It does not matter whether the author is joking or not, or indeed if some of those reading it are not offended.

When I first saw it I was shocked and sickened.

charlie wrote :-

no 1---old unreliable rover [Roverman]
no 2---old type of icecream, very kitch
no 3---old type of house extension, usually stuck on the rear
no 4---old type of venetian boat noted for its gay decorations

[bracketed and bold added by me]
David

BX19TXD 150k K Reg
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

This was the thread that kicked off one of the saddest episodes in the history of the BX Club and it is therefore appropriate that here the last act shoud take place.

As I said yesterday, one issue yet resolved is that of Charlie. He, in this thread had a serious allegation made against him as a result of how one of his posts was interpreted.

I have spent some considerable time looking at all posts surrounding this issue and have reached a clear conclusion that there was absolutely no homophobic innuendo implied or intended.

The term "vendetta" was used strictly incorrectly as a vendetta is in fact a blood feud between two families. As far as I know, nobody who was involved is in fact, related.

Looking at Charies posts, the word "vendetta" has not been used. He has in fact used the word "vendatta" and is offering a set of definitions relating to this obscure word.

I believe Charlie posted this definition as a light-hearted attempt to calm down the already tense atmosphere by injecting a degree of humour into it.

The word kitch has no homophobic connotations whatsoever. Kitch simply means and inferior copy of something, usually a work of art. Vienetta ice cream is a work of art and a Vendatta is likely a poor copy of it somewhere.

Rover has no homophobic connotations. The use of the word gay in the context was used correctly. Gondolas are generally gayly decorated. This is the definition of gay used in this context:
The term gay (?e?) was originally used, until well into the mid-20th century, primarily to refer to feelings of being "carefree," "happy," or "bright and showy"
A type of house extension is a veranda. Calling it a vendatta is simply a play on words, a humerous malapropism.
A malapropism (also called a Dogberryism or acyrologia) is the substitution of an incorrect word for a word with a similar sound, usually to comic effect
The branding of his post as homophobic (and by extension labelling Charie homphobic) has, quite righly, upset Charlie greatly and he has made clear that a full apology is necessary.

I fully agree.

Formally and firstly I offer to you Charlie, a sincere personal apology as I, in the heat of the moment, misinterpreted your post and publically said so. For that I am deeply sorry.

As a forum administrator, I am ultimately and fully responsible for the conduct of those appointed as moderators. In that capacity I hereby offer a full and unreserved apology for the defamation of your character as a result of moderation actions in this thread.

I am unlocking this thread now and will, after a suitable period has elapsed so that all interested parties can view, archive this thread.
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Nicely done.

(Don't know what Kitch will make of it :lol: :lol: :lol: )
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

BTW the wheels are sold now :lol: To a bloke with a Xsara :shock:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....