1992 TXD Turbo - requires some work

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
charlie
BXpert

Post by charlie »

just to remind you if you still have the deflector

i am interested

and pay a good price

charlie wrote:if it helps the pain

i see that youve got a wind deflector on the td

id buy it off you mate if you willing to sell

and i promise that its for me own bx

so i wont be reselling it to make money out of your misfortune

pm me if your interested

ta
yes.....
the colour is....
guiness white..........
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

How much are you willing to pay for the deflector?

Car might be sold, pending sale but someone has contacted me with a good offer. This car might be finding a new home in Switzerland.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Tourist, did you manage to sell it to the Swiss guy ? Thats a long journey to make in a car thats not running right and a very expensive one if it's to be transported.
Good luck with it anyway.
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Way2go wrote:Tourist, did you manage to sell it to the Swiss guy ? Thats a long journey to make in a car thats not running right and a very expensive one if it's to be transported.
Good luck with it anyway.
After speaking to James earlier it sounds like the "swiss guy" is a scammer wanting him to cash a big cheque then pay him back less this that and the other and arrange the shipping. I may be being over cautious but haveing been nearly caught out myself this way I would run a mile and sell it to someone who will collect the car themselves and pay cash when they do. I would stick it back on ebay myself.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Roverman wrote: After speaking to James earlier it sounds like the "swiss guy" is a scammer wanting him to cash a big cheque then pay him back less this that and the other and arrange the shipping.
Alarm bells should be ringing and red lights flashing at him on this one!
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

I've been delaying any sort of deal while I get opinions from people. Here is how he wants it:

- I give him my details
- He sends me a cheque for £3900
- I send a cheque back, for £3700
- He arranges shipping

Sounds pretty dodgy, so I emailed him earlier saying that I'd found a buyer nearer to home.

So that means I'll probably be putting it on eBay.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Tourist wrote:I've been delaying any sort of deal while I get opinions from people.
Where did you find this guy or how did he find you? :?
1991 BX19GTi Auto
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Tourist (James)
It's a 100% scam this guy/person does NOT live in Switzerland, he's sitting a internet cafe/bar in Nigeria or some $hite hole in Africa :!: DO NOT give him ANY OF YOUR bank details I can smell BULL$HIT from 10,000 miles away ! There plenty of similar scamming/crap like this on on 'Autotrader' like this going off 24/7 (I'll give you some personal examples when I've got more time to post ) !
Once AGAIN DON'T go thro' this transaction it will end up in a complete SCAM :!:
mike st gilles
BXpert

Post by mike st gilles »

James, as RX says NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO AND EVEN NON THIS IS THE BIGGEST SCAM IN THE BOOK DON'T EVEN GO NEAR IT... and I don't apologise for shouting!
Mike
Garlic Bread 'its the future'.
90 BX TZD Auto lives in France. 93 BX TXD Estate having had Ken Newbolds magic wand waved over it. 98' Honda Deauville NTV650.. '86 Fiat Ducato Swift Kontiki Camper
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

It's fine I turned him down already. He contacted me, saying he'd heard from a friend that the car was for sale ... I could smell bullsh*t too believe me, that's why I kept stalling him.

:!: Last chance to have this car before it goes on eBay minus rear head restraints as Boxwolf wants them.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

I do suggest you PM Charlie - though I don't know where he's got to now in the search for a wind-deflector.

He wasn't able to follow-up because he didn't have any access to the forum in the recent shenanagins.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Boxwolf
BXpert

Post by Boxwolf »

Tourist wrote: :!: Last chance to have this car before it goes on eBay minus rear head restraints as Boxwolf wants them.
And now has them 8) thanks James
1992 BX TXD Turbo
bravo-x-ray
Confirmed BX'er

Post by bravo-x-ray »

i think i better introduce myself, i used to be on here as the death wolf many a year ago, like 2001-2002, when we still used a very simple white forum software....

over the years i was on here i had a visa engined 14re on which i did a full repipe in kunifer from pleiades, new spheres, new rear arm bearings, overhauled the calipers, rebuilt the starter, plugs leads dizzy cap and arm new exhaust full length new octipus what what what...

anywyas eventually i got oldenough to get an mr2, and did, but I kept the bx, well did till some tikey bastard stole it and one of my mr2's

so in december i found myself with some time to kill and was looking for another bx, when i found out alan s had sadly departed but we are running bxagon in memorial of him.

thinking as highly of alan as i did i was determined to get hold of a suitable candidate for the event, and also as a daily driver, hence i needed a GOOD turbo diesel, which james and i must both have though his one was when we were bidding on it

for you see it was me who was the other bidder, who was astounded at how high the ante went on ebay and also thought every bid surely a couple of more quid will secure it...

and by the sounds of it it was my guardian angel who told me to walk away at 740 bid.

now i've been an active lurker on here and only registered to see about this particular car A to say sorry for upping the ante, and B to say fairs fair the boy might have sold you a lemon but he wasnt ringing the acution, and C whats the doing with it I havent followed the cars faults as its only this section i lurk in...

oh, nd most importantly D - im no where near as cash rich as i used to be in december pesky climate has meant i'm feeling the pinch now, so cant and wont offer 700+ for a car that now appears to be a plug, but i would be interested in offering a hundred or so dependant upon whats wrong with it
Formerly known on here as The Death Wolf many (howled at) moons ago....
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

Wow, ok I have sent you a PM with some more details.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Hopefully there's a happy ending on the cards here, good luck fellas.
Vauxhall apologist.