Aerodynamicas Mk1

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Hmm, tricky - the tank is too heavy to post and couriers won't take it for some safety reason. The pipes and such are difficult to re use in another car (unless it's a BX). The vapouriser and electronic switch are the only directly transferable components so you'd be best to buy these from a supplier if you want to do a conversion.

Also the petrol shut off valves being removed will need replacement petrol pipes (and I can't even spare cash to take the BX for its MOT test just now!)

Yes, I think I'll have to insist that the BX retains its gas system - it's now part of the BX! It is very good in the BX.

Would you perhaps be fitting a system to your new CX? You'll find that the bits needed can be bought for about £150 and a second hand LPG tank for about £50-£90 or so (I'd recommend minimum of 80L for a CX)
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Hmm... maybe buying your system wasn't the wisest of plans!

I am indeed looking for an LPG system for the CX, so I might be after your advise on a couple of things in the near future!
this might be a signature
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Yes! go for it - it's worth the effort. I'd be happy to advise on a good efficient fitting (or, learn from my mistakes lol)

Is yours a CX 20 Douvrin?

>>perhaps this hijacking of a thread i started should be transferred to CX club?!
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Aerodynamica wrote:>>perhaps this hijacking of a thread i started should be transferred to CX club?!
Yes....
this might be a signature