FREE SHIT: Freezer, office chair and CD rack!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

FREE SHIT: Freezer, office chair and CD rack!

Post by Kitch »

These three:

In good working order, needs a clean though.

Not even that old! An Ikea special. one of the tabs was broken to hold a double CD, but otherwise perfectly usable.

Old, no drawers, but of rust and generally tatty, but works brilliantly! Used to use it in the old house in place of a chest freezer in the garage.

All free to anyone who collects!
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

:wink: :lol:

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

:D Is that a controlled detonation of the 'items?' I was going to say - that freezer looks as though it single handedly created the hole in the ozone layer! ( you might actually have to pay someone in bio-hazard gear Kitch to remove them from your area! :D )
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

What would create the hole in the Ozone layer is if that freezer was scrapped and a new one bought instead. It's no doubt old enough that it uses R12, which means it's more efficient than any modern R134a unit.

I'd have it, but my own fridge-freezer is still going strong at some 37 years old. Things were built to last in 1972!
this might be a signature
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Erm....my current freezer was hijacked at the tip 2/3 years ago from someone about to dump it. I asked if it still worked, he said yes, and that I was welcome to it, so it went straight into the BX.

It was a more successful acquisition than the secondhand blast-freezer I bought on impulse for £15 last summer in the hope of rapidly freezing-down windfalls of mackerel or soft crab from or for fish-bothering. After a few months without use it still blows, but doesn't lower temperature. Possibly had a refrigerant leak so might have undone any environmental good in saving the conventional freezer. Should have known something was wrong when the seller bargained me down... Oh well, another reason to mourn the passing of Alan S, as he'd have known how or if I could fix it.

Thus I could well be interested in Kitch's freezer - as a less-rapid bait-and-fish-only freezer that actually works. Expect a call.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

David wrote
I'd have it, but my own fridge-freezer is still going strong at some 37 years old. Things were built to last in 1972!
That's a new fangled appliance you've got there David! I should have thought I couldn't get away with that ozone gag with the techs around here! :D

Anyway, here's our freezer, staying cool since.. 1958!

Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

toddao wrote:That's a new fangled appliance you've got there David!
It's older than I am, so I consider it old enough!

Loving the Art-Deco styling of that Bosch freezer...
this might be a signature