FOR SALE 1992(K) Red Citroen BX19 TXD

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Romany

Post by Romany »

Hi! New here although lurked for a while. Looking to sell my late husband’s BX following his death in March. He knew how to keep these gems on the road (owned 3 over the years), sadly I don’t. I’d love it to go to another committed BXer.

Manual. 111121 miles. MOT Jan 2010, Tax 31 May 09.
Engine very good - husband said the best of our BXs. Starts 1st go. 4 sound tyres, but wheel trims missing.

Elec sunroof which sometimes sticks a bit, think switch might need a look. Mr R could always get it to work, sometimes I couldn’t. New silencer fitted in Jan, repaired hydraulic leak in Feb.

Nice tidy interior. Reasonable exterior but some scruffy areas eg windscreen pillars which had messy repair done by previous owner, but MOT garage said OK structurally. Small section of trim damage and small dent beneath. Few paint chips here and there. Could do with a good polish – bottle of T-Cut colour restorer available if you want it.

FSH to Sept 07 when car virtually unused until we bought in May 08. Plenty of invoices for past work and parts. Cambelt done at 85000 miles. Mr R was about to fit new one when he died, I’ve got it if you want it. Was also going to replace rear spheres – I have new set, worth £40.

Hope that’s enough info, don’t ask me anything technical because I probably won’t know the answer – sorry!

Look forward to hearing from anyone interested. £325 ovno .

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss27 ... 010263.jpg
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss27 ... 010264.jpg
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss27 ... 010262.jpg
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss27 ... 010265.jpg
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss27 ... 010267.jpg
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss27 ... 010266.jpg
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Looks a nice and honest BX - has a patina about it. Should find someone on here, but if not diesels always do well on eBay. Shame about the 'A' pillar. Looks a mess. If corrosion is bad there (as well as a botched repair), it could, sadly, be a difficult job to fix that might put most off. Best to grit your teeth and see what offers turn up.

Sorry it's for sale under such sad circumstances. Thank you for thinking of us!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

That looks like a nice car. My old TZD Turbo was K***BMO too...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Thats lovely, and a good price too, I too hope it finds a good home and offer you my condolances.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Hi there again,

I thought I'd help out by 'zooming in' on the A pillar issue I mentioned. I'm sorry if I came across negative - far from my intention. Anyway, it looks like it's been 'repaired' so to speak to prevent water leaking in. It could be that the windscreen was replaced at some point and the seal isn't good anymore. Damage to the paint of the metal pillar at the time, combined with a leak will have let the tin worm in. If the black mastic(?) is covering great rusty holes then, yes it might be a problem to fix. If not (although there appears to be some on the windscreen edge side) and the rust is minimal then it is probably fixable for not much.

If that's the case, she's good for the price. 8) I hope this helps someone to decide to view the car and give it a fair chance!

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Sorry to hear about your husband and hope you find a buyer for your car. The area around the windscreen could be a concern but with some careful welding or fibreglassing it could be repaired for now I'm sure.
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Rear headrests in there I see. 8)
Romany

Post by Romany »

Thank you everyone for your kind replies and advice. It is a pity about the windscreen but it's a great car otherwise! I'm not aware of any leakage. Mr R had already borrowed some welding kit to work on the windscreen this summer. Hopefully someone may "bite". I've got various Citroen parts up in the roof of my garage from our previous BX which I can't access at the moment because another of Mr R's "projects" is in the way of where I need to put the ladder and I can't shift it! Should be able to get at them by late June/July. Again, someone here might like them once I know what's up there.
Best regards
Romany
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

A heartfelt best of luck to you. Nice to have someone care about a BX - and us! :D
Romany

Post by Romany »

Hi! I'm back again. As I simply haven't got the time or mental energy at present to tout this around on Ebay or wherever, I'm asking if anyone wants to make me a reasonable offer on this one?

8 months MOT and a great engine plus all the other BX benefits must be worth something!

Those windscreen pillars, OK they don't look great but a) if it was something that needed doing urgently it wouldn't have passed the MOT and b) I understand the hassle, but they are something a competent mechanic with welding kit could patch up - my other half was going to do it, and the rest of the car is sound. I really wish I didn't have to do this! There's even a couple of accompanying Haynes Manuals.

So, over to you all again.

Regards
Romany
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Surely someone wants to take this on?
Vauxhall apologist.
Romany

Post by Romany »

Hi Cavman.
Thanks for bringing this back to the top!

Just for info, anyone who wants to PM me I will get back to them on Saturday.

Best regards
Romany
alab
Confirmed BX'er

Post by alab »

cavmad wrote:Surely someone wants to take this on?
I have been in touch with Romany via PM and I am genuinely interested, so there is hope for this nice looking BX! :D
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Excellent news. 8)
Romany

Post by Romany »

Hi everyone

I'm so happy to tell you guys that my BX has found a nice new home. End of an era for me and a little sad to see her go but had to be done, and her new owner says he's very happy with her.

Thank you to everyone on here for your support and encouragement. I'll be back in the summer once I've dug out those other BX parts that I can't reach just now.

I've also still got the 2 Haynes Manuals available (Citroen Diesel Engine 1984 to 1996 A to N reg; and Citroen BX 1983 to 1994 Petrol A to L reg - not sure if they did a diesel book) but suspect anyone with a BX already has these books.

Back to lurking again now and you all have a good summer - keep the BX flame alight!

Regards
Romany :D