Black BX 19 GT MK1 FOR SALE

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

mountainmanUK wrote:Since I stuck this other box on last year, the gearing seems to be a lot shorter in 1st and 2nd.

I am presuming that this box (unknown history!) came from a petrol-engined car, and therefore is incorrectly set up for a TD?
Assuming thats the one you took from me, then its a box of a Xantia estate and does have very different gearing.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Vanny wrote:
mountainmanUK wrote:Since I stuck this other box on last year, the gearing seems to be a lot shorter in 1st and 2nd.

I am presuming that this box (unknown history!) came from a petrol-engined car, and therefore is incorrectly set up for a TD?
Assuming thats the one you took from me, then its a box of a Xantia estate and does have very different gearing.
The box fitted to Monica in August 2007 came from StewartOily, and was originally attached to a Pug306TD. :wink:

The ex-Xant box that you brought round would have been used, except for the different release fork, which would have necessitated me buying a different (Xantia) release bearing!

See the original 2007 thread here.....

http://bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php ... c&start=15

I have a vague recollection of you asking me if I still had the box some time later, as you wanted the 5th gear setup(?), and I responded that after a quick look in next door's shed (where I keep my more nickable spares!) that I could not find it, so must have regrettably disposed of it! It is still a distinct possibility that the box may still be squirrelled away at the back of the shed!

My memory from that period is understandably hazy, as I suffered my stroke only 7 weeks afterwards, but I do feel that your emphasis on the word "took" implies some malicious intent to steal, or to "take without permission" which was most definitely NOT the case! I have ALWAYS provided cash, or other goods, in exchange for anything I have received from fellow members of this Club......and have always given full credit to those who have helped me via this Forum! (See my original 2007 thread again, where you were suitably accredited).

If you would now like to imply that, 2 years later, I somehow still owe you something for the box, please feel free to contact me by PM.
Similarly, if anyone else feels that I owe them something, then get in touch with me, rather than make nasty insinuations on an open Forum!

(Incidentally, I am aware that I DO still owe Kitch the sum of £12 for some parts he collected for me last year! This has NOT been forgotten :wink: We had expected to meet up to exchange at Stratford last year, but that did not happen)
Vanny
Merseyside resident
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

The box was lent to you on the grounds I got the 5th gear back.
I drove 100+ miles to DELIVER the box. You then vanished off the face of the planet (along with other things you had borrowed off other members). A long time later you reappeared, two months after that i enquired about the 5th gear, I received the following response;
Hi,
Bad news, I'm afraid! Had a look at my gearbox spares in the shed, and I realised that I had already dumped what was left of that particular box some time last year. I gave most of the cogs to a neighbour with a Pug 306 TD!
Sorry mate!
Given the lengths I went to, and the only provision being that I had the 5th gear returned, I think that’s a particularly pathetic response. Of all the excuses you could have made you gave a ‘tough luck’ response. You even promised to route around and see if you could find it, and PM me the following day, still waiting.

And then to enter into the thread about people taking advantage of others on the forum and trying to take a moral high ground, poor form I’m afraid!
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

(along with other things you had borrowed off other members).
Such as????
Details???

The only thing that I have ever borrowed from another member was Billy's engine hoist......which was returned pretty sharpish, as the wife didn't want it cluttering up our hallway!

I have either been given FOC, or paid, for parts from the following members or ex-members, since March 2006:

Andy (Artic Steel)
Doc
Yourself
Billy (Cavmad)
Ken Newbold
Tim (Roverman)
Martyn (Hurricane)
Marty (M)
Roy Hassell
Stewart (Oily)
David R

As far as I am aware, no-one has had any problems with ANY deal done with me, and similarly I have had no problems with others.
(My sincere apologies if I have missed anyone off that list)

I genuinely had/have absolutely NO recollection of your specification regarding the 5th gear, AT THE TIME you kindly brought the box round. I only remember you asking for the gear some time later, during my stroke convalescence, as in your quoted PM.
For this, I can only apologise, and do my best to locate either the missing gears, or reimburse you financially, as there would appear to be a complete misinterpretation with regard to this!
I will make a further search of my neighbour's shed later this week, and I will contact you if anything relevant can be found.

Regardless of this, you would appear to have decided to pigeonhole me, together with 1 or 2 others, as some kind of "mutual appreciation society" who are only interested in increasing our post count on here.

Let me tell you this now.......I have much more important things in my life than whatever goes on either in this Forum, or any other internet website!

Rather than continually knocking some of the people who do still frequent this Club, or with the sickeningly patronising pedantry that you have posted in the past few weeks, surely you would be better off by keeping away from here, and sticking to your own little "Temple", where you can continue with your own ego-masturbation?

This Forum has really gone down the shitter over the past 12 months, and I wonder if some of this is being deliberately orchestrated by someone who runs a "rival" website, and is endeavouring to increase their own internet activity at the expense of this Club?

It is of absolutely no concern to me either way, as I have a life!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Sorry Dave whilst I enter the discussion at my own decision I don't think it's fair to suggest you returned my engine hoist 'pretty sharpish'.

In actual fact it took a fair while to get it back from you and it was purely because someone else 'found' you on another forum (which you'd been posting on consistantly for a fair while at the time iirc) that I actually managed to reach you.

In the interim I had need the hoist on at least five occasions to lend to mates and had to let them down. It was then returned by you with the pumping handle missing (and I still remember you saying 'oh well, you can get another one easily enough or just use a jack handle or something' and no mention of you replacing it as you had lost it) and various scratches and marks.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt at the time because a) that's how I work, b) you'd been unwell and c) I don't like to think anyone would actually be so completely unfazed by the length of time you'd had it and the damage/missing handle despite originally promising me I'd have it back in a week.

If you really want to know what pissed me off the most though was the fact I'd tried to contact you a few times, never heard back from you at all and found you were unwell. I felt genuinely sorry for you and let other people down as I didn't want to mither someone who was ill. Then I found out you'd been posting merrily away on another forum for a few weeks so could find your way on the net to use that forum but hadn't been on here, hadn't contacted me to say when the hoist was coming back and I even had to sign up on the other forum to get hold of you.

Pretty sharpish my arse mate and it actually put me off lending stuff to people on the net after that if you want the truth.

I'm genuinely sorry you were ill and I honestly hope you never have to suffer what you went through ever again but I have to say I do believe you took the piss with that hoist.

Ps to suggest Vanny has orchestrated any 'troub;e on here to attract people to his forum is a sign that you nothing at all about him, and, in my humble opinion, is a fucking disgraceful statement to make.

This forum has had loads of shit, you are correct in that, but all you're doing by making knee jerk statements like that is raking over old coals and actually probably causing more arguments.

Poor show I'm afraid Dave and I expected far better from you.
Vauxhall apologist.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Billy, you've got to admit its a bloody hillarious concept though. I guess some people miss the point of the BXP! Like the part where I control the thoughts and actions of the esteemed membership.

Dave, to think of your self in the same 'pigeon hole' that i put Tim Leech is pretty funny, and i really wouldn't flatter yourself too much.

Did you miss the point where you kicked off, in the open?

Don't bother looking for the gear, Doc's already sorted me another, and 2 years later is a tad late.

Of course I love to drive all over the country delivering parts for people i've never met, at my own cost, but usually the recipient offers to cover some of the costs, or offer some hospitality, or at the very worst keep in touch!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Bollocks.

Personally I hold Vanny responsible for achoooeweeeeeeeeeeeeeeezbingbingbing

...oh sorry, he's controlled my thoughts again.

Thankyou oh great master, soon BXP will run the entire interwebz mwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Ps Vanny please may I express an opinion on Ford Fiesta ohv engines on another forum?
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

mountainmanUK wrote:Regardless of this, you would appear to have decided to pigeonhole me, together with 1 or 2 others, as some kind of "mutual appreciation society" who are only interested in increasing our post count on here.
Erm, ok, since when has any member of BXP even remotely suggested you are part of the mutual appreciation society?
Never as far as I can tell, although I may have misse something here since I dont really bother all that much with it anymore, but I'm not aware of any insinuation of such, so maybe your thoughts on this are based more on how you percieve people to percieve you than what is the actual truth?? :?

Mountainman wrote: surely you would be better off by keeping away from here, and sticking to your own little "Temple", where you can continue with your own ego-masturbation?
thats rather harsh Dave. Vanny's as much right to be here as anyone else, it is an open forum. Equally, seriousley now, you clearly do not understand BXP at all, there are no ego's on BXP, none at all. Endless piss taking yes, ego, no. Never has been. Never will be, it's not about ego, it's always been about a group of mates sitting ina virtual pub shooting the shit, rarely car related either.

mountainman wrote:This Forum has really gone down the shitter over the past 12 months, and I wonder if some of this is being deliberately orchestrated by someone who runs a "rival" website, and is endeavouring to increase their own internet activity at the expense of this Club?
I'm rather dumbfounded by that statement. Really. BXP is small for a reason, we like it that way. Equally, not a single member there would ever wish it to be anything like this place, it would destroy it. It's special for a reason, and it's imperative in all BXPers that it remains so, it's no rival to this place, it's nothing at all like this place, and for very good reason. It's also a good deal more laid back and better for it.

If we were out to ruin BXC then how come we pay towards the hosting of this place?

These two sites are entirely different and will never be the same.

Equally, you levy your wonderings at Vanny, which is odd. Vanny runs BXP, but it is a democracy, and is a product of all it's members, Vanny wouldn't purport to be the supreme leader, we'd shoot him down in seconds if he did, because we're like that over there, but we all get on, always and without exception, with no moderation whatsoever.
To suggest Vanny is trying to destroy BXC is way over the line, BXC will destroy itself without any help from anyone sooner or later.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...