bx drivers seat needed

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
nick.h699

bx drivers seat needed

Post by nick.h699 »

hi folks,

i need a drivers seat for the bx estate i have just bought. the present seat is black/grey and appears beyond repair as the frame is bent. i am in bushey near watford so hopefully there is one local to me.

regards
nick
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Just a point, Nick, unless you're not fussy, it'll help to know what the model is as trims vary. I suspect it'll either be a TX (solid black coloured seat cover with diagonal stripes) or TZ (black and grey pattern on seat & seat back, bolsters in black).

These two patterns are basically the same seat frame, but with different covers, shaped foam cushions and bolstering patterns.

I don't have any completely assembled seats here, but others probably will.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d

Post by DLM »

PS - it is possible, if a little fiddly, to sub in just a new seat back or frame, depending on what's broken. Underneath the seat fabric and foam, virtually all BX seats except 16v and absolute base-spec share the same basic frames.
nick.h699

Post by nick.h699 »

its a tz. i need the seat as the seat back will not adjust due to the seat being badly twisted.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

It is possible to dismantle the seat and straighten it up.
See my earlier posting : http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10110
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I need to do that to my BX Gt as the drivers seat is a bit wonky, as adam is thinner than me and im hardly obese the original owner must have been a bit of a porker! :lol:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
DLM
Our Trim Guru

Post by DLM »

Have done this before now by substitution of a complete donor frame into a TXD seat from a much earlier BX's front seat. It's a fiddly, time-consuming job, though hardly rocket science, but it worked well. The seat back frames are identical on BXs apart from possibly the 16v.

The main drawbacks are:

(i) extracting the locking clips either end of the seat tube for rake adjustment carefully enough that they can be re-used.

(ii) removing/replacing the seat cushion and cover without causing damage - a bit of destapling/declipping and restapling/reclipping is required, and the plastic seat trim and screws are a bit prone to damage.

(iii) Keeping everything clean during the operation!

Another short-term workaround is to swap over driver and passenger seat backs, but only if the passenger seat gets minimal use.

I have at least some spare TZD seat backs, as I knocked down a couple of front seats for easier storage, but I'm down on the South coast
Brian King
BX 4x4 Owner. Brave.

bx drivers seat needed

Post by Brian King »

I have a whole interior in good condition for the same asking price as the central locking plip advertised here recently but I'm not paying for the postage!
Colour: Black & White television interference