TZD 1.7 Diesel Turbo - For Sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Roverman wrote:
jonathan_dyane wrote:
What a load of codswallop. The only language in which a few means two is those of spivs (when buying) and dishonest types.
Jonathan, I am neither dishonest nor speak codswallop and take exception to your comments.
Well, all I can say is that I have never heard 'a few' being used as a synonym for anything less than three, and if in the course of my dealings I met someone who did, I would consider them to fall into one of the above categories.

If I'm wrong and there are localities where a few means two, contrary to reason and English usage, then I offer my apologies for my own ignorance.
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Roverman wrote:Sorry David, too many years of being in the trade, a few hundred in our language is normally considered as two.
I've been buying and selling cars for as long as I've been driving, from anyone between main dealers to scrap metal merchants, and I've never heard that before.

I'd agree that with a fresh MOT it's easily worth a few hundred, that being £400 to £500.
this might be a signature