Much loved BX RD Turbo - good home wanted

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I think its all done to setting the pump timing and doing something with the head?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Erm, I've done a fair few things to it over the years, some were sucessful, some were, er, catastrophically unsucessful.
Running 150BHP is possible, for about 300 hundred miles, then the head explodes.

At the moment the engine is running a Garrett T3 twin vane turbo, has triple angle bigger valves, a camshaft from an N/A, runs 1.5BAR boost, the boost fuelling has been increased a touch, straight through exhaust with a Scorpion free flow back box.

Aside from the fact it seems to keep blowing oil seals it does seem to run it reliably, but it was a rebuilt engine when I started tinkering with it, I then rebuilt it again when I trashed it in 300 miles, then I rebuilt it again when it went bang 3000 miles later, then I turned it all down a bit!

I actually came to the conclusion that it was pointless trying to get valver speed from a diesel, if I want speed, I have the valver.
That said a slightly tweaed TD is still an impressive car in it's own way.
Although as was the point with diesels really, it's the torque I use more than the power. Torque is great!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

Torque is great!
...and cheap it seems
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

as in good fuel economy
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon