urgentlyWanted: 16v left/nearside/passanger side bulb holder

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
blink

urgentlyWanted: 16v left/nearside/passanger side bulb holder

Post by blink »

Urgently needed 16v left/nearside/ passanger side bulb holder. Cash awaiting.
1989 Citroen BX GTI- quad headlamps, aftermarket sideskirts and 16v rear lights

2005 Ford Fiesta mk6 - Lambo doors, Lester bodykit, sparco interior, Vibe audio+ lots more
http://www.modifiedcars.com/cars/Ford/16943.htm
prm
BXpert

Post by prm »

There are two types of side light/head light unit, bulb holders.

Believe round 89-90, bayonet bulbs were replaced with capless type, and the holders are not interchangeable with the two types of headlight units.

Bayonet type - push fit, with fitted O ring seal.
Capless type - push-in, then twist to lock, with floating O ring seal.

Regards
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

prm wrote:There are two types of side light/head light unit, bulb holders.
Believe round 89-90, bayonet bulbs were replaced with capless type, and the holders are not interchangeable with the two types of headlight units.
Bayonet type - push fit, with fitted O ring seal.
Capless type - push-in, then twist to lock, with floating O ring seal.
Regards
Just to put persons out of there misery thinking its either the wing side-repeater/indicator or front indicator or even the sidelight within the headlight unit as I initially thought it may have been too !

It's actually the rear lamp cluster/assembly bulb holder which carries the five bulbs on it he's after (But it was obviously difficult to decipher that from the wanted posting).
I've PM'd 'blink' 3 times now and we are in the process of working out which one he need's as the bulb holders are not compatible between different manufacturers (i.e. Valeo, Siema etc.) even though the basic exterior looks the same.
I've looked through my stock of spares and found four different types so far :!:
So hopefully when he sends me a photo shot of the rear-side of the lamp I can help him out :D.
Unless it's easier just to send him a complete unit but that's down to him as he lives in Malta !