Gti Speedlines

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Gti Speedlines

Post by DLM »

I'm both seriously short of cash and have a set of Speedlines plus correctly-modded steelie spare which need to go to a good home. There re 15 bolts (one short)

Someone has expressed an interest, but logistics make it rather difficult to satisfy this interest as expressed - I'd much prefer to sell as a complete set without stripping tyres.

These are silver 5.5Js (correct me please someone if I'm wrong) with centre caps, came with a previous BX (now scrapped due to corrosion) and are in good but unrestored condition. There are 2 Continentals and two Pirellis - the Pirellis were only used for a few months, whereas the Contintals are distinctly well-used and would need replacement. The Spare is wearing an oldish Michelin.

If interested, please PM , but don't expect an instant response as I'm online only once a day at most at present.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d

Post by DLM »

"There re 15 bolts (one short)" - edit doesn't seem to be available to me at the moment - should read along the lines of

"There are 15 bolts - one short of the complete 16 (but I hope to be able to make up the complete 16 for sale with someone else's kind assistance). Wheels and bolts have recently been reunited after living apart for some time...

To make it clear, these are the 5.5Js as originally on the options list for the GTi - 185s are what fit them - or at least what they're wearing at the moment.

The following pic shows them fitted to the car they were bought with (sorry, poor pic, but I'm not really a great car-snapper).

Price by negotiation, but I'd like it to reflect

(a) It's a complete set with spare - quite a few sets I've seen being offered don't have a spare.

(b) The Pirellis are in good order - and while not perhaps a "premium product" they are a decent tyre. I'd prefer to sell the wheels as shod - logistics make it difficult to make any other arrangements, as the wheels are more than 100 miles away from me.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

There are now 16 bolts David.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
DLM
Our Trim Guru

Post by DLM »

Ta muchly, doc.
DLM
Our Trim Guru

Post by DLM »

PMs sent to those who've expressed an interest.