ONE TOO MANY!!!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

ONE TOO MANY!!!

Post by tim leech »

Ive realised ive one too many cars and its going to be the one I bought last week that im letting go. Its a 1991 H 19TGD Auto with a suspect headgasket that drive beautifully but looses a little water. (see forum) I bought it for the GTi steel wheels and leather seats which now adorn my other cars. It has its corect grey tweed interior again now. It has mot until mid january and some service history, oh and its white and it doesnt have any tax. It has 72000 miles but i cant guarantee that, but the engine doesnt smoke and wil sit on the motorway at 90 all day (and NOT overheat!)

It has no rust but has a few bumps and bangs and a good mop would do it the world of good! The auto box is perfect and its a real easy drive, its has normal 165 tyres on it now 2 of which are new and the others are very good.

If someone gives me £50 for it they can come drive it away.
M

Post by M »

If only you were closer.... For £50 I would rip yer arm off for another one.

Hold on I can hear knives being sharpened again Image
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Damn. If you were a little further south I'd have had that and binned the bloody Saab.

That's the problem with being in Kent, absolutely everything's miles away!

Extremely tempting though.
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Do I sense the Saab is giving you a little trouble....?

Mark.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

See you in the Pond!
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Aye!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I just need the space, I did buy it for the leather seats which have now been donated, it did look daft with black leather seats and grey tweed door cards and dash. The Gti wheel trims have been reserved for Ian Fearn and someones contacted me about the car so until I here he doesnt want it I take it its sold. Cant imagine it will need much for the next MOT.

Just wish my mint TZD was a auto now, its the way forward and so easy to drive!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I wouldn't go back to manual now. In the BX (GTIs in my case) I just think the (ZF is it?) auto box is very good indeed. We had a Merc and I'd suggest the (Getrag?) 'box was not as good. Only problem are the inhibitor switches which are troublesome - hence my fitting of by-passes.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

This works perfectly and is soooo smooth if it wasnt such a big job I would have swopped the boxes over into my TZD manual! with the knackered clutch lol
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

How much for the 19tzd Tim
They think it's all over, it is now!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Not for sale at present Ken sorry, the body and interior is so nice Im not looking to part with it for the forseeable future. Would probably let the TXD with the leather and alloys go first. But it would have to be a VERY nice Bx to replace that one as that ones very str8 too, except for the poor paint on the Spoiler (soon to be rectfiied)
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Do you a good deal on a new clutch then.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Ive had two offers from people within the club for the TGD Auto for which Im grateful, thing is I need it gone before xmas!!! So bag a bargain! Will need to get it picked up on sunday!
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Not bothered about the auto, already got one here.

Just wondered if you were looking to get a new clutch in your 19TZD
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I am Ken, but Ian Fearns put me in touch with a guy in derby to fit one for me, I could do it myself. He offers a guarantee on the parts and labour will cost about £200ish fitted I think?