For sale, XM 2.1td estate

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Buy it buy it buy it! I love the BX too (although due to my considerable height am not *quite* as comfortable as I could be) but have to say, the XM has (so far) surpassed my expectations; fast, *extremely* comfortable, quiet, refined, just lovely really.

The only slight issue is the (considerable) electrickery, but as long as you don't get an early one it shouldn't be too bad! Ken's is the best model too (series 1.5 with better suspension and electrics, and a Bosch pump, coupled with the cool series 1 looks!)
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

jonathan_dyane wrote: Ken's is the best model too (series 1.5 with better suspension and electrics, and a Bosch pump, coupled with the cool series 1 looks!)
Yeah go on......rub it in why don't you! Glad you like it mate. I've only had a very brief drive of my Dad's XM and it was sublime to say the least. Is your's a 2.1 mit Bosch?
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

BX Bandit wrote:Yeah go on......rub it in why don't you! Glad you like it mate. I've only had a very brief drive of my Dad's XM and it was sublime to say the least. Is your's a 2.1 mit Bosch?
Aye, tis, but auto too :twisted:

You're more than welcome to have a drive of it when I see you. If it makes you feel any better though, I will say I'm not looking forward to (in the near future) buying 7 new spheres, nor working out why the (electronically controlled) heater keeps going haywire...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

jonathan_dyane wrote:
nor working out why the (electronically controlled) heater keeps going haywire...
Arh the joys of XM ownership :lol: My other XM heater only works on full power, mostly, but at least it works. :D

The heater on this XM works fine :o maybe I should take it apart and find out why before the new owner comes for it next week. :lol:

That is to say, the car is now sold! :!:
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

ken newbold wrote:
jonathan_dyane wrote:
nor working out why the (electronically controlled) heater keeps going haywire...
Arh the joys of XM ownership :lol: My other XM heater only works on full power, mostly, but at least it works. :D

The heater on this XM works fine :o maybe I should take it apart and find out why before the new owner comes for it next week. :lol:

Ahem :D
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

ed4ferrets wrote:
ken newbold wrote:
jonathan_dyane wrote:

Ahem :D
A guilty party? Well done Ed, nice work :)
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Guilty as charged Jonathan, looking forward to driving back from Wakefield!

Bandit you will have the chance to drive the XM next time I see you 8), it will have a good home as part of the menagerie :wink:

Almost 4 weeks after the accident Co-op insurance still haven't made me an offer although their engineer has confirmed my BX is a write off.
Supposedly they're doing a data check to determine if the car was previously written off :?
This could ' take a few days' .......... :x I need the money to finance the XM
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

That's annoying - I've always liked the Co-Op, never had insurance from them mind.

Enjoy the drive from Wakefield Ed - remember not to fall asleep as you're cosseted along!!!!!! Good luck for the payout!
1990 BX TGD White
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

BX Bandit wrote:Enjoy the drive from Wakefield Ed - remember not to fall asleep as you're cosseted along!!!!!!
If it's anything like my drive back from Bristol to Durham with my new XM you'll be far too busy grinning from ear to ear like a Cheshire cat to fall asleep! I was almost disappointed to reach my destination and have to stop...
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

jonathan_dyane wrote:
BX Bandit wrote:Enjoy the drive from Wakefield Ed - remember not to fall asleep as you're cosseted along!!!!!!
If it's anything like my drive back from Bristol to Durham with my new XM you'll be far too busy grinning from ear to ear like a Cheshire cat to fall asleep! I was almost disappointed to reach my destination and have to stop...

Got home in it a while ago and had to take Diazepam to relax my smile muscles :D, they're out of condition as I'm usually frowning :wink:
Uber comfortable for the over 200 mile trip, cosseted indeed!!

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Glad you liked it Ed, you've done well there mate. I'll be over Saturday to help St Doc with the Xanty! Cheers bud.
1990 BX TGD White