1992 J-Reg GTi 4x4 good TF box soon to be scrapped..

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
christhelion
BXpert

1992 J-Reg GTi 4x4 good TF box soon to be scrapped..

Post by christhelion »

I'M GOING TO SCRAP THIS SOON SO PLEASE IF YOU WANT IT GET IN TOUCH!!!!!!
This is the original ad below:

Hi guys,

I got the subframe mounts for my car the other day, charged the battery and started it up. I think with it sitting for such a long time my valve stem seals have dried up - lots of blue smoke now and that never happened before I took it off the road. Rather than keep the car I've decided to sell it. The list of fairly small jobs that need doing grow the more I think about it and I can barely afford to run my bike never mind that car as well. It's such a nice car I can't let it sit in my carpark nor can I see it go into the hands of some chav who might thrash it round until it breaks.

It has MOT till January but is currently sorned.
The rear subframe mouts have broken but as I said, I have managed to get hold of some second hand ones.. it doesn't look like a massive job to fit.
The clutch is on its way out. It's not completely knackered but it bites high and sometimes will slip under full load.. a replacement clutch is in the boot.

the interior is Mk1 16v Monza black/grey stripe, all in very good condition.

There are no noises from the transmission and the transfer box seems fine as does the rear diff.

All the spheres have been replaced with new 16valve spheres from Citroen (which was £110 :()
The car drives really well and still feels tight, which may be down to it only having done around 55-57k miles (can get exact figure when I next look). The steering feels really positive (which was one of my favourite bits about the car)

I'm not 100% but I THINK it's got 16valve wheels on it, the friend I bought it off told me they're very slightly wider than its standard wheels but I can't remember which BX they've come from. All the tyres are nearly new but there's a very slow puncture in the left rear - after a month or so I keep needing to pump it up.

The rear arm bearings look good and the rear wheels have no excessive camber.

It is blowing a bit from the exhaust manifold just as it comes out of the head, I've used Gun Gum but its started to blow again from there.

There's a short behind the dash which has knocked the green back light out of the instruments but all the instruments work fine.

Overall, the shell is in almost perfect condition, there's a spot of rust about the size of a 5p near one rear arch which was going to get my attention some day and at the rear, underneath the car, the boot floor was showing signs of surface rust at the seam. All the thin sheet metal around the rear subframe has surface rust, things like the exhaust heat shield etc which makes the car look rustier than it is. But nothing important has any rust anywhere and it has no advisories at the MOT in Jan. The bodywork is immaculate on the outside without so much as a tiny scratch or dent that I've noticed and polished up it looks amazing.

It has air-con which probably needs filling, it was winter when I last used the car it and I'm not sure it worked really, although the switch did make the radiator fans come on like it was supposed to.

I have the original invoice for the car and loads of receipts, all the manuals, the toolkit and there is an immobiliser. Car was also featured in Classic And Sports Car. I have a copy of the mag to include if you're into that kind of thing.

Before I had the car, it was owned by a friend who is really into BX's (simran from the 16valve forum), he's only ever had Bx's and two 205's. He sold it because it wasn't getting used once he bought his 16valve. Before that, it was owned briefly by another guy who didn't use it a lot and before that it was passed around the same family for years. I know I've listed all its faults but it really is quite a nice car but has some problems. Other BX owners seem to be able to see past things like that but I really can't afford to fix it how I'd want it. It would always be needing something and I have to face that a BX is probably too much hassle for me to own at least until I get a payrise!

I can provide photographs of any part of the car if you're interested. If you are, just make me an offer.. I know that 4x4's aren't the most sought after BX so I'm not expecting a silly amount of money but at the same time, I can't let it go for a tenner. I'm looking for somewhere around £300 but it's worth what it's worth to you guys. If you know anyone else that is interested please pass this on, If nobody is interested I'll have to take the loss and call a scrap man which would be a real shame but it's taking up my parking space. I'm not going to be able to give it the treatment it deserves. I can't break the car really because I don't have a garage to work in.
[img]
Chris.
Last edited by christhelion on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1992 BX GTi 4x4 in silver with all the extras. (sold and missed)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R E1
2000 Gilera DNA 50
2000 Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec
2009 Ford Focus ST-3 225
Borrowed 2006 Kawasaki ZZR 1400
christhelion
BXpert

Post by christhelion »

oh yeah, number is 07811823804 and the car is in Rossendale, Lancashire, about 15 miles north of Manchester.
1992 BX GTi 4x4 in silver with all the extras. (sold and missed)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R E1
2000 Gilera DNA 50
2000 Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec
2009 Ford Focus ST-3 225
Borrowed 2006 Kawasaki ZZR 1400