BX GTi free to good home URGENT

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
BX4X4X2
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BX4X4X2 »

oilman
BXpert

Post by oilman »

cavmad wrote:How much did you pay for it Frugg?
I was told £100 by the original poster.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

So to summarise, the car was bought for £100, Frugg had the leather, got a replacement windscreen, tyres and exhaust and now Citroenly wants a grand for it? Not to say a low mileage, good condition GTi with aircon isn't worth a grand, but the BXC isn't a platform for 'making' be it cash or bits. Hang your head in shame Frugg. If the original vendor became aware of the transaction I'm sure he may feel a little used.

This damned world is so full of takers, personally I'd sooner help someone else than myself.
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

'...Gti model like this one and very rarely with the pedigree of this car...'

Don't doubt it for a minute. Can't be many that were raped for their interior then flogged on for that much money :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Damn it, I always use 10 words where one will do! Succinctly put me old tea pot!
1990 BX TGD White
Mike P
BXpert

Post by Mike P »

As stated in an earlier post, Ed Reeves did take £100 for the car.

Bearing in mind that I would have offered to take this car off Ed's hands (but as always left it too late to sort it out) for a £100, I can't complain about the purchase price but do at the resale value.

As Mr Bandit has already stated, it should / could be worth high hundreds or even a nice round thousand pounds but bearing in mind the well documented and public aquisition of the car, I'll offer £1 and a pack of Skittles (less the orange ones, they are my favourites :wink: )

Mike P.
"F" White Phase 1 16V: 62K miles & seen on TV
"E" Grey Phase 1 16V: Long term project in bits
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Sold for a damn good price, mind you its a damn good car.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
frugg
BXpert

Post by frugg »

Indeed it has sold and he is collecting it on Saturday.

Sounds like he is re-living his youth:
I had a brand new BX and think it was the best car I have ever owned.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

frugg wrote:Indeed it has sold and he is collecting it on Saturday.

Sounds like he is re-living his youth:
I had a brand new BX and think it was the best car I have ever owned.
Sounds like you're relieving his wallet more likely.
Vauxhall apologist.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

/\ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well the price is fair, although I fail to understand the lack of embarrassment from what was an act of blatant profiteering brought about by selfishness and lack of consideration for others on here.

You do sound rather pleased with yourself and don't seem to care so long as you've lined those pockets of yours. =D> =D> =D> (those claps are sarcastic ones by the way, I only mention it in case your vision is obscured by the pound signs ringing up in your eyes or the smugness on your face is causing your eyes to distort)
1990 BX TGD White
frugg
BXpert

Post by frugg »

the lack of embarrassment
No embarrassement actually. I have saved this BX, picked it up from London (good 160 miles trip) with a low loader, done all repairs, put it in for Mot and sold it on. The leather was only taken out because my other black GTi just needed a leather to finish it off.

So, that's a GTi Auto saved and my other GTi has got a leather interior which just sets it off lovely. Black with black leather BX's are my favourites.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Funny how certain cars attract certain profiteers. Mate of mine I've not seen in ages called round before and said he was a member of a CX forum but someone keeps trying to flog stuff for vastly over-inflated prices.
Vauxhall apologist.
frugg
BXpert

Post by frugg »

Seems like the buyer likes his BXs from Cambs:
I bought my 1st new BX from Citroen Duxford so it would seem I always return to Cambs for my BX's!

:)
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

BX Bandit wrote:an act of blatant profiteering brought about by selfishness and lack of consideration for others on here.
Well, do correct me if I'm wrong Patrick, but I believe Mr. Rugg is either a car dealer himself, or is connected with a car dealer, so harldy surprising I guess...

Still a very reasonable profit I imagine, after all, £100 for the leather for his car effectively makes the rest of the car free, so, four tyres, a windscreen and an exhaust. None of which costs much = happy days in the Fens!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...