1993 L REG BX - IMMACULATE

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
johnway

1993 L REG BX - IMMACULATE

Post by johnway »

Hello,
Dad called last night - he has decided to give up driving after 66 years and part with his cherished BX. He has owned it from new and it has never been subjected to any smokers. He would like it to go to an enthusiast who can offer it a good home. We have no real idea of the value of this gem so this forum would seem to be a good place for advice and possible interest.
The car is a 1993 L Reg TXI, white, 1600 petrol, automatic, air con, p/steering, electric sun roof, electric front windows, full service history, always garaged, and has 40,089 on the clock. This is a remarkable car in superb condition. Photos will be made available soon. Thank you for your time. Regards, John.

UPDATE !!! I have just received some photos of the car and some info : Dad has scratched the passenger side front bumper (probably why he has decided to give up driving!!). Please message me if you would like to have the pics sent. I know that the car recently flew thru the MOT and as for a realistic value, I invite offers from forum members over £600 : it has not been advertised elsewhere.
Regards, John. [/img]

UPDATE !!!!! CAR HAS BEEN SOLD TO A GOOD HOME VIA THIS FORUM.
THANKS FOR ALL THE INTEREST SHOWN.
Last edited by johnway on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Sounds good to me. Must be one of the last BXs made. Hope this does find a good home!
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Didnt even realise they did a 1.6 Auto :shock:

Sounds nice, would be a good idea to get some pictures posted up & an idea of how much your Dad would want for the car. As to value, its anyone's guess, its unfortunately a petrol auto which arent the most popular of cars, but i could be proved wrong.

Look forward to seeing some piccies.
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

If the air con works, (has it been converted to R134a etc.?) that will affect value. I had a 16 TGS auto (whereas this is a single point injection version it'll essentially be the same) that didn't have a/c. It did 20 urban and best 32 mpg. But don't let that put you off! Nice cars.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
johnway

Post by johnway »

Philip Chidlow wrote:If the air con works, (has it been converted to R134a etc.?) that will affect value. I had a 16 TGS auto (whereas this is a single point injection version it'll essentially be the same) that didn't have a/c. It did 20 urban and best 32 mpg. But don't let that put you off! Nice cars.
Thanks for your input. The air con certainly does work and has had the refrigerant changed over. Dad is very meticulous about his car, as the Citroen mechanics soon found out, and had to have everything fixed, serviced and working perfectly. I am not sure about the mpg - I will ask him and post this with the photos. Regards, John.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

This sounds like a really lovely car. Can't wait to see the pics. A cherished car is always refreshing to see.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
johnway

Post by johnway »

MULLEY wrote:Didnt even realise they did a 1.6 Auto :shock:

Sounds nice, would be a good idea to get some pictures posted up & an idea of how much your Dad would want for the car. As to value, its anyone's guess, its unfortunately a petrol auto which arent the most popular of cars, but i could be proved wrong.

Look forward to seeing some piccies.
I am working on having photos taken and hope to add them in the near future. Had the BX been a diesel I would have it myself - I now tow my caravan with a manual C5 HDI, having had a BX 1.9TD before that. Regards, John.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

With it having the single point injection (and a cat sadly) it does away with the 16's achilles heal which is that solex carburettor so no more hot starting problems!

Ive said it lots of times before they are a great car and very robust, as Phil says they arent that frugal but I regularly got over 40 out of my TXS auto on a run but it wasnt great on short runs.

Not many one owner cars left anymore. I really hope it finds a good home.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....