1993 Citroen Bx 1.9d 23k! £POA

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

MULLEY wrote:So who's going to make an offer & buy it, to potentially have the only concors bx in the uk? It'll even make Tim's cars look rubbish :lol:
OI remember I know where you live Mulley :twisted: :wink: :lol:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
frugg
BXpert

Post by frugg »

MULLEY wrote: It'll even make Tim's cars look rubbish :lol:
:lol: :lol:
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

The 'car' is based on the chassis hence the VIN. Everything else can be replaced. So, seized mechanicals or not, they can be replaced, as can panels/bumpers/doors etc. The potential lies in the chassis which it would seem has been dry stored for 14 yrs and itself only covered the 26oddK miles (or possibly less as an actual chassis). I doubt there are (m)any BXs out there with the potential that this car has in a structural/original/rust free sense - ergo it's potential as a concours. This precludes any practical financial outlay as all concours examples do......... :roll:
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
jacksun1987
BXpert

Post by jacksun1987 »

CAN I COME AND HAVE A LOOK SOMTIME AT IT. IM IN METHERINGHAM ABOUT 10 MILES FROM LINCOLN SEND US A MESSEGE. IT MUST BE NEAR SLEAFORD

SEND US A MESSEGE ON HERE PLEASE. MY NAME IS PAUL

THANKS
PAUL JACKSON
1991 h reg 1.7tzd hatch in black 159.000 miles had
1992 k reg 1.7 txd hatch in red 179. 000 miles had
Renaul laguna exspessin 02 plate 1.8 16v 75 k had
cosa 1.2 brezze 150 k had
406 glx 1.9 td 170k s reg white got
ruffgeezer
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ruffgeezer »

Mulley,

Its a new shell with low mileage mechanicals, these days you'd be lucky to find a bx under 100k let alone low 20s, of course its going to need some work, but so would any bx :P
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

As I see it, this is as close to a "new" BX as we're likely to see these days, excluding the Citroen museum in Paris.

In the real world Mulley is probably right, but we're not talking real world here, we're talking enthusiast, fanatic, etc etc. It will be worth what someone is willing to pay for it, just as we found out with the MK1 19GT that turned up a short while ago.

This has never been a really good place to sell a BX as most of us have already got at least one, but many thanks for offering it here first. I would be interested to know how much you're looking for for it, but I suspect that it will be more than my current budget permits.

Regards Ken
ruffgeezer
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ruffgeezer »

Ken, if you just make me an offer via pm, I'll pass it onto the owner, like I've said to others, the worst he can do is say no.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Make it simple for everyone ruff and just post how much he will take it for.

POA or "offers" is pointless as people want to know how much someting is so they can gauge whether its affordable and realistic.
ruffgeezer
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ruffgeezer »

Believe me I've pressed him for that but he's in the same boat as you guys, to quote him "how do you put a value on something like that?"
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Having been in a French scrappers and seem a pristine-bodied 19D in Burgundy, with no sunroof, which was still insured up to the end of the year, sitting there waiting to be cubed, this has a value to the BX community, of course. Me and Phil are surprised that no-one appears to have taken this on, given it's a good starting point for a concours BX or a decent basis for a competition car.

It's got to be worth around £500 as is. Where else are you going to find a 'new' BX body shell? (Apart from a French scrap yard :lol: )... OK it needs a lot of work. But show us a BX that doesn't or won't!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

ruffgeezer wrote:Believe me I've pressed him for that but he's in the same boat as you guys, to quote him "how do you put a value on something like that?"
Everything has a value, even for insurance purposes, I agree with Phil I think its worth £500 tops as is. Finished well quite a bit more.

Sadly I dont have £500 spare even it was to go for that.
Andy G
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Andy G »

any chance of taking a look at this?
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I'd have to agree, so that's why I don't think the owner would accept my £200 quid, and I wouldn't blame him.

One problem is I really don't need any more cars round here, the other is, money :?
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Well, the other way of looking at it is that it's worth only what someone is willing to pay for it.

When you could buy a new shell from Citroën direct (and that was a few years ago now!) they were £8000. Or at least, they were last time I asked.

Given that the remaining shells got junked years ago, you have next to no chance of ever finding another "new" BX shell.
Personally I'd have prefered it if it had a sunroof, but meh.

It's still a new shell, and thats how I'd look at it, I'd ignore whats bolted to it, junk the lot and reshell my TD with it.
IF I had the money to buy it, which, ok, I could give the guy £500 for it tomorrow, but then there's plenty of other things I could spend £500 on ya know..

As a car, it's worth naff all, but as a shell, the possibilities are great.

Either way of the 6 I really think the owner of it has to say "this is how much I want for it" and see who bites or not.

It's all well and good to take the Rolls Royce stance of "if you have to ask the price you cannot afford it" but it's still just a BX, which is still just a weird crappy french car to most people..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
ruffgeezer
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ruffgeezer »

Found out today, the trim level is TXD but it lost the sunroof due to the reshell.

You are right in that the shell was only ever outside during it's delivery, I personally would love to build a 16v into it so saving the engine from another bleddy 205 conversion.

However I've a fair stable of cars as it is already, (ax vts, ax vtr, xantia exc)
So even if I did, it'd probably not get the use it deserves.