Sorry 4x4 no longer for sale. In the process of being fixed.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
christhelion
BXpert

Post by christhelion »

Ok, what do I need to do to do this clutch?

I don't know how big a job the engine removal is and can it be done by borrowing/hiring an A-frame craney type thingy... or is it better to lift the car and take the engine out from underneath?Can the engine be moved enough to not come completely out but be able to get the gearbox and transfer box off?
I want to save as much money as I can but don't know what the job entails.
1992 BX GTi 4x4 in silver with all the extras. (sold and missed)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R E1
2000 Gilera DNA 50
2000 Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec
2009 Ford Focus ST-3 225
Borrowed 2006 Kawasaki ZZR 1400
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Rob a bank and pay somone to do it is the easiest way....

Ok, Theoretically it's possible to leave the engine in and drop the transfer box / gearbox out of the car frm beneath.
I know some guys that did just that a while ago.
BUT, it's a fuck site easier to man handle it all, and get it right first time if you can get to everything without laying on your back.
In short, personally, I'd drop the whole powertrain out the bottom, do the necessary, build it all back up and reinstall as a complete assembly.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
BX596
BXpert

Post by BX596 »

John Hannam is your man ABCZXM I think, in Lincoln.He may be on the repairer's data base
Jeth
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Jeth »

If you're gonna scrap it, please don't...

If it goes to that, im gonna try to get it shipped to Finland somehow...
ruffgeezer
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ruffgeezer »

Hmm, I'll have a word at work, I've not had time to read the original post thoroughly, so would it be able to make the trip across the m62 back to base in lincolnshire?

Also does anyone have any experience of the 4x4 system on these? I want something 4x4 for when we get into silly season here with the snow/ice.
christhelion
BXpert

Post by christhelion »

I've said I'm not gonna get rid of it now, I'm in the process of buying all the parts I need, I'm going to fix it. Thanks for the interest though guys.
1992 BX GTi 4x4 in silver with all the extras. (sold and missed)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R E1
2000 Gilera DNA 50
2000 Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec
2009 Ford Focus ST-3 225
Borrowed 2006 Kawasaki ZZR 1400
columbo

Post by columbo »

Hello

Here in France these 4X4 bx are appreciated. If you don't find anymore the new parts by Citroen dealers, you could also ask by Peugeot, because of the same parts between Peugeot 405 4X4 4WD and the bx 4X4 .
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Hi and bienvenue

Thanks for the advice. It should prove helpful. Would you be willing (as your English seems pretty good) to communicate with the potential suppliers of BX parts as an intermediary? (Oops, sorry about the difficult phrases there!) :D
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
columbo

Post by columbo »

hello again

i do not know all, but i have phoned to a nice guy on the french web site ' BX World forum ' with the pseudo name ' Philippe_G ' He still have such a rare BX 4X4 and knows a lot about it. My BX 4WD Estate from Suisse is gone to the Cemetery for cars 2 years ago .....The parts are hard to find, but with the energy and contacts, you find them ....Sometimes expensive....
columbo

Post by columbo »

Hello again

if you look for a special part under the bx 4X4 ,that i had to change myself on my former bx break 4X4 2 years ago, which is in french ' le palier de transmission ' http://img198.imageshack.us/i/cimg3985.jpg/ , you may still find it in the french factory, which used to produce it.

the address is : GKN DRIVELINE 7 rue de la Briqueterie 02240 RIBEMONT tel=03 23 63 56 85
you have to ask for Mr LETEMPLE julien , the references are r2210021 and r0401100

http://www.mirari.fr/shxE